please share your precious level 2 experience

thank you very much for all the nice advices:)

Few notes from my experience, I passed. My Background - Bachelors in Finance and work as an FX Analyst for a major corporation Notes: - Studied from Schweser - Did not do all Schweser practice questions - Did almost all of CFA end of chapter problems(some multiple times…eg FSA, Equity, Derivatives). These are very important and will cover things missed by Schweser - Did roughly 1200 questions from the Schweser q-bank. Good for retaining concepts - Did the Schweser 16-week online seminar - SChweser online videos are archived, and were great for second thrid review. There were two professors, you can view either. I preffered the lady who taught the British time course, but the US time guy was pretty good too - Prepared 40 pages worth of notes, helped enormously for retention - Bought the Elan review notes, but did not read all of them, but some of them were useful - Things that I felt I was not well prepared- - Ethics - Derivatives - Quant - Retention is a big issue, don’t be panicked, just revisit the material multiple times - CFA mocks are very important. I did not feel confident at all, and as arunprasath said, no one does. Good luck to you all

Arial10 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1. Level 2 is only 120 questions vs. 240 > questions on Level 1. This makes it much easier. > > 2. The pass rate is higher for Level 2 than for > Level 1. This implies it’s much easier as well. > > Just do it bro. It’s nearly a coinflip pass > probability if you show up. You have the same amount of time for half the amount of quetions…wouldn’t that imply that it is harder? Plus you also have less room for error… I suggest CFAI text book and use kaplan as a guide on some harder topics. Do tone of Mock exams and I suggest you do it earlier rather then later so you can go back to review your weak areas. I have a psych degree, passed L 1 in December and L 2 today, both on first attempt. Do not be fooled…Level 2 is a beast! You have to know all the material!

Arial10 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1. Level 2 is only 120 questions vs. 240 > questions on Level 1. This makes it much easier. > > 2. The pass rate is higher for Level 2 than for > Level 1. This implies it’s much easier as well. > > Just do it bro. It’s nearly a coinflip pass > probability if you show up. I hope you guys picked up on the sarcasm. He was joking for all of you knuckleheads that thought he was being serious.

I used CFAI books exclusively and did all EOCs, Mocks once. I didn’t use Schweser notes but found their Practice Exams and Secret Source very useful for the last week review. And more importantly, I passed level II this year. My two cents.