Portfolio administrator

Dapper425 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So a funny thing happened to me today. Well > actually it wasn’t funny at all. I had recently > applied for an ER job at a competing firm. It has > been over a month and I had pretty much figured it > wasn’t going to happen, however I know they have 3 > openings so I was holding out hope. I got a call > from that firm today. > > They wanted to talk to me about a position they > had open in Operations… Isn’t that just the most awful feeling when you hear that, sort of like 5 ton bullfrog sliding down, and back up your throat.

They pulled the whole switcheroo. They dropped the line and hooked anotha’ one.

dapper, so what did you say?

Well, like someone else said, if it’s strictly 9-5 and you’re rel young <35, making $100K (say in low cost city like TO, Vancouver) and with potential for making more, that’s not too bad

I need to call them back today. I’ll see what they have to say I suppose but I am not all that interested.

How can someone without BOM experience get an entry level BOM job?

“Well, like someone else said, if it’s strictly 9-5 and you’re rel young <35, making $100K (say in low cost city like TO, Vancouver) and with potential for making more, that’s not too bad” $100K doesn’t get you to first base in TO…

Got an interview today with a big European Private Bank. Portfolio Administrator Role! I had 2 PMS & Head of HR telling me that this is def not an analyst role and not suitable for me if I have ambitions. They said they are impressed by my resume and are wondering why have I not applied for front line/MA programs. HR said they will put my resume in their bank if i choose not to take this up. Thing is, I have applied for FO roles and have not been very successful. Has already been 7months since graduation and Im getting more anxious by the week. I am suppose to get back to them on my interest as they dont want someone leaving after a few months. Responsibilities include - Preparation of proposals/Execute Trades/Cash Mangement/Monitoring specific client constraints/Assist in loan management for leveraged accounts Think it will be a good starting point? Thought of taking it for a year while continuing CFA level 2. Appreciate any comments to combat the mental fog thats been building up over the last few months. The high likelihood of a bad banking year is another factor of consideration.

A bad job is better than job at all. You will develop enough spite for you company within 6 mos-1 year that you won’t care about leaving. That said, you have to be careful not to be pigeonholed.

first base and more. Unless you have a whore fetish and like drinking bubbly every night. which you probably do, righto Turkish ? Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “Well, like someone else said, if it’s strictly > 9-5 and you’re rel young <35, making $100K (say in > low cost city like TO, Vancouver) and with > potential for making more, that’s not too bad” > > $100K doesn’t get you to first base in TO…