post a numbered list that you remember

onelasttime Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > wake2000 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > breaking news is that the exam wont require us > to > > recite lists > > Are you sure about that? While memorizing lists is helpful, you still have to explain the items on that list.

Emotional Frames: R.M.L.S (Regret Money Lost in Stocks) Regret Minimalizatoin Money Illusion Loss Aversion Self Control

Implementation Shortall: Easter Really Does Matter (ERDM) Explicit Costs Realized Costs Delay Costs Missed Trade Opportunity Costs

C-Putter. I don’t play golf, probably not a real club name. Barriers to international investment Currency risk (cost of hedging) Political Un-familiarity Transaction costs Taxes Efficiency of market (lack of) Regulations A thread like this really helped me on exam day for L2. Thanks to all who contribute.

Why correlations b/w international markets are decreasing: - mobility of capital - corporations are becoming more global - free trade is increasing - capital markets are more integrated Isn’t this why correlations are INCREASING?? Correlations are breaking down (meaning they are increasing)???

Barriers to Intl Investment? ATTRACtive FeMale Politician. Taxes Transaction costs Regulations Currency risk Familiarity Market efficiency(-) Political

Tests of benchmark the quality of a benchmark STRong CTA: Systematic Bias Tracking Error Risk Characteristics Coverage ratio Turnover Active position Great thread BTW

Remembering Psychological Traps? It’s A PROCeS A Anchoring P Prudence R Recallability O Overconfidence Ce Confirming Evidence S Status Quo

holy, looking through these lists already make me sick. I hope there won’t be many of those listing questions.

vik2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > holy, looking through these lists already make me > sick. I hope there won’t be many of those listing > questions. Doubt it, CFA doesn’t want a bunch of robots out there. What good is memorizing a list when you have to explain a concept to a client? Maybe 1-2 at the most is my best guess.

Love this thread, I will never forget ME(i)Ow, TRvCk, SAMURAI, NRA BIA, CHOMPD

> Doubt it, CFA doesn’t want a bunch of robots out > there. What good is memorizing a list when you > have to explain a concept to a client? Maybe 1-2 > at the most is my best guess. Yes, but these will be the easy points. and all it takes is 1-2 correct questions, to put you in the pass range given “bands” are very tight. Take a look at question 3.A 2010 AM, that’s six points out of 180. By the way, I don’t see much application most of this stuff in the real world anyway. I have been doing inv mgmt for 8 years. Just put it in your ST memory and dump it come afternoon of June 4th.

onelasttime Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Doubt it, CFA doesn’t want a bunch of robots > out > > there. What good is memorizing a list when you > > have to explain a concept to a client? Maybe > 1-2 > > at the most is my best guess. > > Yes, but these will be the easy points. and all > it takes is 1-2 correct questions, to put you in > the pass range given “bands” are very tight. Take > a look at question 3.A 2010 AM, that’s six points > out of 180. > > By the way, I don’t see much application most of > this stuff in the real world anyway. I have been > doing inv mgmt for 8 years. > > Just put it in your ST memory and dump it come > afternoon of June 4th. Agreed. But for 2010 3A the answers are right there if you know the characteristics of a pension. The way the template laid out, I can see the grading as 1-1-2. If you didn’t justify it correctly for any of the 3, you only got 50%.