Post MBA career ops

If you get into Wharton, it doesnt even matter if youre blind, youll get a job easy http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2010/12/02/managing-risk-for-jpmorgan-and-blindness/

IARdude Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi guys, passed level 3 a few months ago and hope > to have my charter before next summer. Also scored > well on the GMAT and will be attempting to get > into some top 10 MBA programs next fall. > > What I’m wondering is, how realistic is it to go > into asset management right out of a program like > Wharton or Columbia? Even though these are top > programs, their stats show only 5% of the students > go into these roles, while most go into consulting > or Ibanking. My current role involves asset > allocation and manager selection but not > individual security analysis. Do buyside firms > tend to only hire people with previous sell side > research experience, or would a good mba brand > name + the charter be enough? dude if you go wharton or columbia and have the charter you’re golden IMO unless your interpersonal skills are seriouslly lacking and you put off everyone you meet.

Builders, that is the conventional wisdom but from what others have posted that go to top MBA programs and what the program’s own recruiting stats tell (10% or less go to IM) it hardly seems like given.