Pre-Test Poll : If you knew then what you know now, would you have signed up for CFA Level I?

I signed up for 1. The curiosity. 2. The fact that some team members my age were studying for it.

Would I do it again. Probably (but just).Almost certainly would have stopped if I had failed level1 or 2. Only in level 3 have I started to apply a broad set of skills that I have learnt to my job. The main thing it has really helped me for is actually understanding what the the portfolio managers are talking about when they talk about strategies or sometimes even just like the terminology!

I dont make investment decisions but my role is front office focused. If I pass, natural progression is to move into a PM role so right now not seeing the reward to effort.

people worried about the numbers of CFAs are missing the point… as far as I’m concerned it should be a minimum requirement for investment management entry level positions… I personally would not trust someone whom is not a CFA (charterholder) to manage my own money (or at least someone who is not capable of passing the exams)…

the people that quit after failing level 2 multiple times should not be managing other peoples money. How many CPAs are there… I’d guess over 300k just in the US… and no one is complaining there are too many CPAs… the certificate is what it is…