Predict Your Results

You have your test weights wrong. You’ve completely left out Fixed Income

I also think it is a violation to state the weighting scheme of the exam…

no its not? people post actual results on AF where one could clearly calculate the weighting themselves…

PY Band 9 Fail

Ethics 50-70

Quant 50-70

Econ < 50

FRA 50-70

CF >70

Equity >70

AI >70

FI < 50

Deri 50-70

PM < 50

which of the weights is wrong? totally forgot about FI. trying to block memories of that one. i would be shocked if i got 3 of those right.

I hope you didn’t add an extra 6 to FRA taking from FI

no i think i was just short at 114.

Got 9th band last year, my scores were:

> 70 in Equity, Ethics, FRA

51-70 CF, Der, FI

< 50 AI, Econ, PM Quant

Spent much more time this year on the “smaller” sections. Your projected Quant score may be the difference between passing and scoring. Best of luck.

Only 6 FI? That’s less than I would have expected. And a good thing. I suck at FI.

Here goes: 8 sections greater than 70. Alt and pm between 50 and 70. **runs and hides

Wow, that’s a brutal fail. If I didn’t know your final result I would have guessed that to be a pass. Or at least a band 10 fail. I’m toast :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, that’s nice that you don’t have to sweat it. Congrats!

I think as per my analysis.

I cannot get more than 95/120.

I cannot get less than 83/120.

wow thats pretty close to a fail, mate. think about it - if you fell for some of the tough traps that we have been identifying, you are done!

btw thats not what I thought of your performance when I read about your 98% confidence of passing and the 2% chance of failing and retaking (not sure I got your numbers straight, but not too sure you did either).

Best

iwp

83/120 or 95/120 is a very conservative estimation.

In 95/120 ,i thought 25 questions will be wrong “IF” i fell for traps.

Assuming 12 guesses and half guesses that i made during the exam to be wrong…my score becomes 83/120.

In either case…I am getting =>70%…which is a 98% pass.(if mps IS ABOVE 70% probablity of me failing becomes 2%)

Cannot remember by topic.

AM

The first 30 questions were awesome. Finished them within 1 hour. Feeling like a BSD. >70%

Went to the bathroom, drank some water, nirvana.

Came back.

The next 30 were a humbling experience. My Port Mgmt curve ball was here also. Maybe 50% in those 30. Finished 2 minutes before the bell. Very very stressful. Were used to 30 min spare room for the 60 questions. I guess I’ve spent round 10-14 min filling the answers boxes. Cost me some Fixed Income questions since I was not totally relaxed.

PM

Maybe 75%. Finished them in 2 hours. Tried to “deduct” a formula for two Corp Finance questions for 30 minutes. Failed.

So >60% + 75%: a sure pass or a very bitter surprise.

I hate to be the one to break it to you Rahul… but 83/120 is not => 70%… though, I will give it to you and agree that it is a pass nonetheless.

Ya 84/120= 70%…83/120 is 69.9% or so…lol

95/120 >70%

I failed Band 4 last year, so I’m predicting fail Band 8 this year. I used CFAI exclusively, and redid all LOC’s and made meticulous notes this year, but don’t think I made it.

Whatever calculations u guys do or predictions you make the fact of the matter is 60% of you on this thread will eat the dust on result day so forget about the exam now and move on …