Probability Books

Stewart sounds good to me.

You know what else - it’s a little down the road, but I just pulled out Shreve (I have this rotation of books that sits next to my toilet and I read them a little at a time. I have been doing that for almost 25 years so I’ve read lots of stuff in 3-5 minute intervals every morning.). Everytime I open that book I gain some new little insight into something.

Fascinating, Joey. Now, those 3-5 minute intervals, if I may ask, do you have more info on their distribution? Fat tails, symmetric, skewness, kurtosis? How on earth am I now going to purge from my mind this image - Joey on the toilet, dark red in his face, cheeks puffed up but still perusing some particularly interesting chapters in Shreve. ,

O.k. guys, there goes my appetite. Next time I am not reading this site while eating. I am happy to see I am not alone and what I am doing make some sense. At this point in my life doing some study intermediate to advance is very useful I will formalize this in the future AbbeFaria I am with you. However, the reality is that employers and clients look at the formal recognized degrees. I know that eventually I have to do this just to keep up with the rats in this race. What I am thinking of is getting the course outline and reading materials for a recognized program and go through this. And please save the images.

I agree on your point of employers probably only recognizing formal degrees. What I’m considering is getting the books and course outlines for a few courses from my old school that were recommended by a friend of mine. At the very least I can just get the booklist for each of the courses. My big fear is not knowing if I’m really understanding the material because I don’t have a test or professor to evaluate.