Progress?

anks, how the hell did you pass level 2 with only 10 days study? I can only imagine the elation of hearing you’d passed after that.

Sounds like Bleron under a different name…

I finished my PhD in 8 days. 13 hours should be enough to prepare for L3, do you agree?

to put more perspective - i am from mumbai. We had a choas as to whether l2 would be conducted in india or not last time, so never had the mood to prepare and had given up. At last hour, picked up schweser and went through the FSA and equity part. I am comfortable with FI and derivatives as i work in that. Listened to the ethics video. That was all. Well - somehow managed to pass with below 50 in ethics and PM. Though had 70 + in FSA, FI and equity - the biggies ! so i guess with a strategy - a pass is fairly achievable !!! 80 hours in 10 days = > 8 hours a day => a pass ! since havent looked at the curriculum - so was wondering will this work will this work for level 3 ???

i’m in the 2nd book of the CFA reading, it’s going very slowly, much of it is not ‘material’ too much info about people’s names and their assumptions to test validity of behavioral finance. I’m going to start skipping…can always revisit schweser notes on this topic. also have schweser notes and took different approach, i’m almost done with book 4 which covers alternative investments, futures, forwards, swaps, interest rate put and calls, all that good stuff, also done with this book…it’s a confidence booster.

anks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > so i guess with a strategy - a pass is fairly > achievable !!! 80 hours in 10 days = > 8 hours a > day => a pass ! > > since havent looked at the curriculum - so was > wondering will this work will this work for level > 3 ??? For Bleron, it worked in L1; but not in L2. You got to be lucky twice.

drs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > busy_people Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > far ahead at this stage - have finished the > entire > > CFAI readings end-to-end, including doing the > > chapterend questions and preparing flash cards; > > currently 25% thru the stalla PM. Reasonably > good > > retention. > > > > slowing down the pace to avoid burnout. > > > Do you have a full time job? When did you start? Yes, have a full time job. I started soon after the results. Took 10 days vacation during the holiday season and put in about 8-10 hrs/day. Stopped going to parties, aimless internet surfing, day trading, TV

lol… i feel like i am big duffer who got into L3 and who is putting in hour after hour tht is available to me approx i try to find 2-3 hrs daily ( i work full time) by somehow sleeping less and going into a social lock down and studying 10-12 hrs per day on sat and sun

my two cents : an hour of study just before the exam is worth atleast 2-3x hours of study a month before… and thanks to subprime, by now we all know leveraged strategies are risky - be it super seniors !

anks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > not started ! just registered yesterday… > > i prepared 4 months for level 1, 10 days for level > 2 (managed to pass somehow), wondering if 2 weeks > would be a fair enough assumption to complete the > prep ? > i do not need a v high score - just want to pass > :stuck_out_tongue: Bleron under a different account?

honestly - who is bleron ? am hearing this from evry1 ?

Alright I think this may be my first post for Level III. I started in October/November studying on the train in and back from work. I’ve read through CFAI once and I have almost read through it again for a second time. Almost done with a first read through on Schweser as well. First time through for CFAI did not retain much but starting to pick up steam. I have gone through 550 Q bank problems but I’m just reading the CFAI questions and answers, doing them it they are not monsters. I hope I don’t burnout too soon…

s23dino Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Alright I think this may be my first post for > Level III. I started in October/November studying > on the train in and back from work. I’ve read > through CFAI once and I have almost read through > it again for a second time. Almost done with a > first read through on Schweser as well. First time > through for CFAI did not retain much but starting > to pick up steam. I have gone through 550 Q bank > problems but I’m just reading the CFAI questions > and answers, doing them it they are not monsters. > I hope I don’t burnout too soon… Wow… you did all this on the train? You must be staying quite far from work…

No I’ve been studying on the weekends and some weeknights since beginning of jan. Everyday I get about an hour 15 to an hour in a half on the train.