Protecting Wealth against Dollar Decline

If USD goes to zero (actually not even zero, let’s say it loses 95% of its current value), then we’ll have bigger sh*t to worry about. Like looters and your neighbors trying to eat your dog. Possibly cannibals.

If the USD goes to zero, my $20 watch will go to 100,000 and above. A share of Smith & Wesson will certainly be worth at least as much.

If USD goes to zero, I will be able to sell my stockpile of ramen noodles for $100/ packet and become a gazillionaire.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If USD goes to zero (actually not even zero, let’s > say it loses 95% of its current value), then we’ll > have bigger sh*t to worry about. Like looters and > your neighbors trying to eat your dog. Possibly > cannibals. I won’t be in this country if that happens.

ManMythLegend Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ohai Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > If USD goes to zero (actually not even zero, > let’s > > say it loses 95% of its current value), then > we’ll > > have bigger sh*t to worry about. Like looters > and > > your neighbors trying to eat your dog. Possibly > > cannibals. > > > I won’t be in this country if that happens. You won’t be able to afford the tickets to leave.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ManMythLegend Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ohai Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > If USD goes to zero (actually not even zero, > > let’s > > > say it loses 95% of its current value), then > > we’ll > > > have bigger sh*t to worry about. Like looters > > and > > > your neighbors trying to eat your dog. > Possibly > > > cannibals. > > > > > > I won’t be in this country if that happens. > > > You won’t be able to afford the tickets to leave. LMAO I’ll be out we’ll before doomsday.

I like to sell at the top tick too.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I like to sell at the top tick too. Clearly there is a difference between leaving the U.S. before doomsday and selling at top tick…

ManMythLegend Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I like to sell at the top tick too. > > Clearly there is a difference between leaving the > U.S. before doomsday and selling at top tick… Where you gonna go to escape doomsday?

This is why some people should really avoid Zerohedge.

Brazil. Beaches and Women … what more do I need?

ManMythLegend Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Brazil. Beaches and Women … what more do I need? Can I tag along?

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If USD goes to zero (actually not even zero, let’s > say it loses 95% of its current value), then we’ll > have bigger sh*t to worry about. Like looters and > your neighbors trying to eat your dog. Possibly > cannibals. USD has lost 94% of its value in the past 77 years, and I have yet to see armageddon. http://financialjoyride.blogspot.com/2009/05/us-dollar-purchasing-power-in-20th.html

We were talking about sudden devaluation, not inflation over 80 years…

Sudden devaluation or sudden inflation? They don’t have to go together. Sudden hyper-inflation would suck, big time. Sudden massive devaluation, say the DXY going to 30, wouldn’t suck nearly as bad in the short term. And, again, what would the dollar devalue relative to? Just not going to happen.

ManMythLegend Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ohai Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > If USD goes to zero (actually not even zero, > let’s > > say it loses 95% of its current value), then > we’ll > > have bigger sh*t to worry about. Like looters > and > > your neighbors trying to eat your dog. Possibly > > cannibals. > > > I won’t be in this country if that happens. I’d say this country, and Canada would be the best places to live in said apocalypse, we’re so bloody overweight and the slowdown/hijacking of oil production would force all of these people to walk, leaving the most bountiful countries in the world to the 20% or so who are under 60, over 15, and not obese.

Personally I think you’re a little late for this question. All the avenues like gold or emerging markets have had zillions of dollars going into them for 2 yrs now. The only way now is to work hard and save diligently.

plastics

real estate

Palantir Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Personally I think you’re a little late for this > question. All the avenues like gold or emerging > markets have had zillions of dollars going into > them for 2 yrs now. The only way now is to work > hard and save diligently. You’re never too late. This isn’t a bubble trade. No matter how many funds have flowed to the commodities and emerging markets, the trade isn’t over if the USD starts to get hammered.