Pushing exam back

Does anyone know how to push my June exam back to December? I’m in the Army and will be in training until August. I’ve called the CFA Institute and sent e-mails but I have heard no reply. What do I need to do to push my exam back to December? Has anyone ever pushed it back? Please advise.

I heard if you ask really nicely they’ll reschedule the exam to the date of your choice. I’d ask for Thanksgiving weekend.

i am guessing they haven’t replied you cause they are porbalby try to get guidence on it. usually no one can push any exam back, you just get to sign up for the next exam earlier so save money so they say… but i guess they might be scared of the government and revising some rules… keep me posted on what they say. i want to know

You cannot. No exceptions.

I love the name: JohnThainsLimoDriver. HAHAHA. Love it. I’ll keep you all posted tomorrow. Storko, don’t jinx me.

that’s really messed up if they won’t let you do to military service. I mean I understand they don’t want people who couldn’t get it together and study to reschedule, but come on, I think this is a more then valid reason. and on a side note, thanks for protecting us c.lauritzen .

jut111 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > that’s really messed up if they won’t let you do > to military service. I mean I understand they > don’t want people who couldn’t get it together and > study to reschedule, but come on, I think this is > a more then valid reason. > > and on a side note, thanks for protecting us > c.lauritzen . The insititute probably thinks it this state of economy, it’s better to have CFA designated professionals than military experts.

On the CFAI’s FAQ they say no but I’m sure there certain rare exceptions. They probably get inundated with requests because a lot of folks don’t realize what they’re getting into. A guy in my office was signed up for the June Level I about two years back, but his wife became pregnant and wound up giving birth a few weeks before the exam. They bumped him to December. I’m sure things have changed in two years but you’re in the military and are due a break and at least a call back. There have been some pregnant candidates on AF before so the CFAI may be less flexible than before.

I presume you’re talking about the CFA Level 1 Exam. The general rule is no refunds, but as people have advised here, I’d call the CFA office to see if they can make an exception. Also, the CFAI provides documentation so you can get reimbursed by the Department of Veterans Affairs.

jut111 - I really appreciate your support. It was the Level 1, and they did let me push it back. I feel so much better now. Thanks everybody.

c.lauritzen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jut111 - I really appreciate your support. > > It was the Level 1, and they did let me push it > back. I feel so much better now. Thanks everybody. I’m pleasantly surprised at this outcome, I thought for sure they’d say ‘sorry but no.’ Thank you for your military service.

I’m glad everything worked out. And thank you for making our country safe.

That’s awesome. I think being called for military duty is absolutely a legitimate reason to push back the exam and I am very happy (though a bit surprised, honestly) that CFAI did the right thing here. They are rightly steadfast in making sure that people who can’t pull it together have to take the exam as scheduled, but duty is a different story. Thanks for your service!

Thanks for the support everyone. I really appreciate it.