px driven vs order driven markets

black swan, well… NYSE is a hybrid, not only since the rolling out of the hybrid system in late 2005. however,… i think canceling orders and manipulating the market happens every day and nobody on wall street will show its hand. they sometimes do, but in the end the tape speaks a different language. bottom line: if i see large orders sitting out there, i assume that there might be interest, but not necessarily. oh well - i’m thinking to much… back to equity analysis.

hey missed the fun today reviewing port. mgmt. no practice exams today. all rereading and flashcards. i’m glad i did that. couldn’t believe how much fell through the cracks. i’m mad i missed this thread because i always get it wrong. but what was the final final on the anonymity question? Thanks.

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is gay but it’s how I remember it: > > Price-driven: P for price driven, P for PEOPLE: > i.e. dealers involved, market makers, competition > > If machines ran the world there’d be ORDER: Order > driven markets: minimal human intervention, low > cost, lack of depth As gay as it is like you mentioned, I think this will help me remember it. Thanks.

I don’t know if there was a consensus final final, I guess its just a matter of perspective and / or opinion. I don’t believe any of my posts have been invalidated and that will remain my perspective on 6/7, but of course each person is soley reponsible for their own viewpoints on D-day and there are some grey areas I guess that could allow other perspectives.