Q bank scores

Hi ALL, How are you all doing on question bank. yesterday i made a weak attempt to and scored only 63% in fixed income. anyone else suffering from same miseries. i guess if we score around 80% in bank there is good prob of scoring 75% in actual exam

i would think so. I scored a 96 in Ethics, but I had JUST finished reading the material. I wouldn’t compare ethics to fixed income either… Based upon what I’ve heard, I’m under the assumption that if you score a 70% on the Qbank exams, you WILL fail the CFA exam. The QBank questions are easier than the actual exam…again, I have never taken this exam, and this is simply what I have heard/read

Guys, i just took the June exam. The Q bank is not that tough. it also depends on how much time you devote to each question. on the actual exam you have only 90 sec per question. so the Q bank solved under time constraint can actually give you a good pointer to where you stand. note that the actual exam questions are a bit more difficult than the ones you see in the question bank.

well there ya have it…

you’re doing great with almost 5 months to go i finished all my readings for june by mid-april, it was only then that i started doing qbank questions i started off getting 50’s because of all the things that i had forgotten, and was up to a mean score of ~80% within 4 weeks

nj in, 95% is a grt score . i will take another test this weekend and prob try and reach somewhere around 75% with any luck

From my (limited) experience, I would recommend keeping the clock on the entire time, and limiting yourself to 90 sec/question. If I hit the 90 sec mark, I move on and go back to it at the end. I usually have plenty of time to look over these… As I said earlier, I don’t see why everyone thinks ethics are difficult. I took some notes, read through the CFAI book and Schweser, and did fine. I think FI, quant, alt inv, deriv, etc will be more time consumer (for me), so I’m trying to cut down my time/ethics question.

nj.in.ny.4evs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As I said earlier, I don’t see why everyone thinks > ethics are difficult. I took some notes, read > through the CFAI book and Schweser, and did fine. > I think FI, quant, alt inv, deriv, etc will be > more time consumer (for me), so I’m trying to cut > down my time/ethics question. Don’t sleep on ethics. Even if you are scoring well now. Before test day take some practice exams from CFAI. They will ask questions very differently then schweser. You can score very well on ethics on level I if you are diligent, but respect your opponent. Ethics on level II is a totally different ballgame (not in a good way).

qbank q’s are def diff then the exam q’s. Qbank is much more computational in general then the exam. Its def a good tool to start and keep things in memory, but def focus on the CFAI tests come 1 month prior to the exam