quant review

pepp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > n = 60 observations on variables X and Y in which > the r = 0.42. If the level of significance is 5%, > we: > A) cannot test the significance of the correlation > with this information. > B) conclude that there is statistically > significant correlation between X and Y. > C) conclude that there is no significant > correlation between X and Y. > > to do this you need to remember the formula for > testing statistical significance of R. and I don’t > remember it. thank you. can someone pls paste it? t-stat = r*[SQRT(n-2)/SQRT(1 - r^2)]

i’d say government that early? crap i hate these fluffy questions.

Correct ans to my Q2 is A

swaptiongamma Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Here’s a softy to quench the summer. > > Which of the following factors is least likely to > affect the fortunes of an industry in the pioneer > stage? > > A) Government. > > B) Demography. > > C) Social change. C

but isn’t govt has its hand in all stages?

Which of the following statements about multifactor models is TRUE? A) It is usually difficult to use a global index in a particular industry as a proxy for the industry factor. B) The momentum effect suggests that performance in the short-term is stable. C) When classifying stocks into certain categories, the country of origin does not matter.

B for multifactor models question

I do not remember any of this… like with so many other topics B) The momentum effect suggests that performance in the short-term is stable. is my guess. if that too is wrong, I have gone 0/3 on equity tonight FAIL!!!

Re: quant review new Posted by: cfaboston28 (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: May 2, 2009 09:45PM but isn’t govt has its hand in all stages? since obama took office, yes we can! i’m sure you’re right. i must be a capitalist at heart.

B

look at the porter’s chapter. towards the end it mentions certain factors that don’t affect a company’s competitive position. govt is one of them. HTH

i want to lean to A on the last one. wow, getting SMOKED here.

B is the correct answer

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Re: quant review new > Posted by: cfaboston28 (IP Logged) > Date: May 2, 2009 09:45PM > > but isn’t govt has its hand in all stages? > > > since obama took office, yes we can! > i’m sure you’re right. i must be a capitalist at > heart. lol. Pg 119 of equity says that…

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i want to lean to A on the last one. wow, getting > SMOKED here. I chose A and got nuked :frowning:

niraj_a Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > look at the porter’s chapter. towards the end it > mentions certain factors that don’t affect a > company’s competitive position. > > govt is one of them. HTH can you put the page numberif possible?

what is this all, ss11? i know what i’m starting with tomorrow.

yes they are SS 11…crappiest in all equities

was doing a shot 20 Q quiz on SS11 and they all came up there…

well played swap cfaboston - dont have the equity book with me at the office today, working on PM and Corp Fin. i may have bungled up btw. maybe i was thinking of the factors apart from the porter five that affect a company’s position. either way, govt was in that list.