Quiz: Core Satellite.

dhwit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So, just to confirm… ehnahced index does or does > not count towards the core? A is 40% (index only) > and C is 60% (index and enhanced index). You have the answer backwards. 40% is the satellite via 100-40-20 = 40. 60% is the core. Pg 257. “The type of portfolio that Nakasone constructed in the previous section is referred to as a core-satellite portfolio. Specifically, 52% of the overall portfolio–THE INDEX AND SEMIACTIVE MANGERS–constitutes the core holding.” Core holding is active and semiactive(enhanced indexing).

Paraguay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dhwit Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > So, just to confirm… ehnahced index does or > does > > not count towards the core? A is 40% (index > only) > > and C is 60% (index and enhanced index). > > You have the answer backwards. 40% is the > satellite via 100-40-20 = 40. 60% is the core. > > Pg 257. “The type of portfolio that Nakasone > constructed in the previous section is referred to > as a core-satellite portfolio. Specifically, 52% > of the overall portfolio–THE INDEX AND SEMIACTIVE > MANGERS–constitutes the core holding.” > > Core holding is active and semiactive(enhanced > indexing). Got it - misread the question. Thought it was worded as what percent represents the core.

Paraguay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > niraj_a Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > damn good question. is this a shweser product? > > I wrote it myself, which is why the answer was > screwed up to start. Wow. You are not supposed to reveal CFA exam question here :slight_smile:

hellscream Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Paraguay Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > niraj_a Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > damn good question. is this a shweser > product? > > > > I wrote it myself, which is why the answer was > > screwed up to start. > > > Wow. You are not supposed to reveal CFA exam > question here :slight_smile: I don’t get it?

Yes. Enhanced and Passive are BOTH included in Core holding. This is straight out of the CFAI curriculum folks. C A

jdane416 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes. Enhanced and Passive are BOTH included in > Core holding. This is straight out of the CFAI > curriculum folks. > > C > A The answer would be A then. 40% of the portfolio in the Satellite, 60% in the core.

Paraguay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hellscream Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Paraguay Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > niraj_a Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > damn good question. is this a shweser > > product? > > > > > > I wrote it myself, which is why the answer > was > > > screwed up to start. > > > > > > Wow. You are not supposed to reveal CFA exam > > question here :slight_smile: > > I don’t get it? Sorry, bad joke… Was trying to say you are so good! You can create better question than the CFA paper!