Race relations

I like how they point out the south side of Chicago and Detroit but fail the mention the fact that the white parts in the south are basically one big trailer park.

Oh yeah? Well, velabis spectat bonum.

It was just refreshing to see a one liner from you Bchad ;>

what does “end the experiment” mean? ship American citizens back to their ancestral homeland, a new round of slavery or extermination? what a terrible way to portray a message. the article reeks of prejudice and ignorance.

i get the whole “white frustration” argument as most people are too stupid to understand slow-moving progress. crime is down. integration is up. the gap between median black and median white has closed over time. what do you expect? full integration of a race that is of a lower socio-economic status. other than giving every black person $100,000 and investing it for them for a few generations, there’s no way they’ll ever catch up. unless you’re willing to do that, prepare to remain frustrated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_in_the_Twenty-First_Century

The author’s main argument is that the “experiment” of integrating black people into white society has “failed”, as is evident from the positive correlation between black people and poverty or crime. The jungle origins stuff is more of background information, and can be removed without substantially altering the argument.

Anyway, what is not clear to me is what the author intends to do about this situation. Assume he is right. So what do we do? Export all the black people to Africa? It would be wrong of us to dismiss an argument because it is offensive. However, without policy suggestions, the argument is basically complaining…

the author’s thought process must be: hmm, if someone is less wealthy than me, i should enslave them. oh wait, i’m not the wealthiest man in the world, crap. this guy sounds like an 18th century aristocrat.

We tried that. Last I checked Liberia isn’t a great place to vacation.

Who said I was Latino? You know Ramos is a European soccer player…right? Are you secretly Indian…you sound like the Indians on this forum. Doubt you’re actually German.

Dear Mr. Martin Luther King, “Judge a man not by the color of his skin, but the content of his character.” We have tried that, as a nation. Sadly, what we have found is that millions of African-Americans are inherently violent, uneducated, uncivilized, arrogant, and have almost an instinctual obsession with self-entitlement. Yes, there are many blacks in the United States that are educated, civilized, non-violent and productive, and you would be proud of such accomplishments. But they are the statistical exception, not the rule. Our prisons are overflowing with violent blacks, and statistics show that 50% of all black men will be a convicted felon by the time they reach 35 years old. Blacks, and many whites, will claim racism, either as the root of this issue, or as the basis for skewed statistics. Yet if we look at Atlanta, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Gary IN., Oakland, Detroit, and remaining cities that constitute the 10 most violent places in the US, blacks dominate the numbers. Not surprisingly, the group with the largest rate of high-school drop-outs is blacks. The group, more than any other, that is responsible for shutting down entire high-schools because they cannot pass even simple algebra tests is black. And this isn’t surprising; blacks consistently scored at or near the retardation level on average when tested for IQ. However, because of this fact, IQ tests have all but been abolished because such tests (which for decades served as a reliable indicator of success for all the other groups) have been deemed “racist.” Like millions of whites and blacks, we all realize that slavery and the subsequent treatment of blacks in this country was an abomination. But slavery ended a long time ago, and the civil rights movement in the 1960’s did away with most of the terrible racist laws and conditions in this country. Today, blacks can do anything they want with regards to work and school. Schools and scholarships set up for minorities are ripe for the taking. Hundreds of billions of dollars have been spent on special programs for blacks for education, employment, and health programs. Yet, after decades of such programs, and despite wide-open opportunities for blacks, they still, to this day, have failed to thrive as a whole. You would be ashamed of the so-called black leaders that, for years, have told blacks that their plight is solely the result of white oppression. Worse, when other blacks try to stand up and counter such drivel with hard facts, they are eviscerated as “Uncle Toms” who are “out of touch with reality.” Actually, they most often perfectly articulate the dynamics of the black community, and point out that violence, rather than a reprehensible and criminal act, has been embraced as “strength”, and education, which is the core of this country’s productivity, is deemed as “soft” and “white” and not worthy of pursuit. Mr. King., if you were here today and saw what has transpired since your death, you would be appalled; not at how whites and other have treated blacks since your passing, but with how little blacks have done with what they have before them.

I dont think that you can say “blacks do this, blacks do that”…the article makes interesting points about historical origin that tries to explan current social and economic status (albeit in a risky way that comes off somewhat racist) nonetheless an interesting thing to consider. You cant generalize a race or nation to being a certain way and you certainly cannot say that a race, because of where they came from, is INCAPABLE of adapting…maybe its harder for them…but certainly not impossible. Blacks, whites, hispanics, asians are not all the same…however they give off certain perceptions based on what a majority or influential minority is doing. Blacks are perceived as criminals…because there are a lot…but not all are criminals…need to change the perception, doesnt mean there wont be a good amount of black criminals after the perception is changed…but certainly would need to be less. Asians give off the perception of scientific, mathy, can’t eat if they dont get A’s…not a terrible perception but still you cant say all Asians are like this or because they come from a certain culture they are naturally smarter than everyone else…they have different motivations to learn than the American or European or African. Hispanics are perceived as all yard workers or construction workers…because an enormous amount of Mexican immigrants (illegal) cannot get work in anything but low level yard work and construction, and because the U.S. sees all hispanics as Mexicans…then hispanics are yard workers…obviously not true similar to how all black people are criminals is not true. The perceptions are based on real world observations though…change the real world observations and change the perception. These days many people are a mix of african, european, american (as in all of the americas not the U.S.) so its difficult to hold the argument in the article…but still, not something I had considered so still it is interestingly worded and hits some good points.

LOL take a guess as to what country speaks Spanish and conquered all those brown countries I mentioned…and btw…were not Latino. I’ve already mentioned it before. Now tell us where your from…youre def not German.

P.S. how long were you searching for something like that? Also, I’m from a certain non-Latino country…spent a few years in a latino country and live in the U.S.

It’s funny that #YourMom gets edited but something like this remains ha ha. But then again, this clearly has to be a joke. . .

I know a lot of poor criminals. Just so happens. . .

And that ignores the fact the laws get applied differently for same offense different offender.

It’s America, right?

Sometimes it’s more important to stand up and push back against this kind of stuff than to wave a magic cursor and make the thread disappear.

You know that’s the definition of getting trolled, right?

I thought the article was satire.

The ‘journalist’ should be pulled up and flogged Saudi style for some of the factual inaccuracies. For example : the ‘savages’ taken from the ‘jungles of Africa’ did have a written language. There are many more but to point them out would give this rubbish article attention it doesn’t deserve.

Black immigrants from places like Nigeria, Cameroon, Sierra Leone perform above average making his ‘point’ about Black people unable to integrate in a ‘White society’ redundant.

I’d agree with this.

do they outperform their respective white peer group (based on class, income, education) or just general society? this matters. not due to some innate disadvatage that blacks have but due to the present social construct.

It’s good to know my race war agenda is succeeding (http://www.analystforum.com/forums/water-cooler/91340946?page=1).

White people - how can you stand it when thugs/homies/(that word) are taking your women and your kids are listening to jungle music?

Black people (or person, not sure if there is one on AF anymore) - the Man is keeping you down. Rise, brothers!

EDIT: just leave the likes of me out of it. There are plenty of stupid people in India, but they tend to stay in India for the most part. If you import the top 5% (by IQ, or at least by test-taking abilities) from any population; not too surprising that they keep their head down and succeed (nerds!)