Randy Moss speaks

Yeah, they’re both phenomenal I’m sure. I’m not a big pro football guy, so I don’t really have a strong opinion here other than that they are both phenomenal and the best of all time.

Randy Moss pulling a Blake? Who would have thought.

HoFer, sure, but not a shoe-in first ballot if you ask me. But putting himself in the Jerry Rice category? Please.

Considering that Cris Carter still isn’t in the HoF, I have little faith in the HoF committee.

MIchael Irvin should have been a first-balloter as well.

Hey Greenman, have you been to the new Cowboys stadium? If so is that true that the screen is a big distraction and don’t really let you to see the game? I’ve only been to the former urine-impregnated one and I’m thinking about scheduling some business I have in the Austin area to go to a Cowboys game next season, but would pass if I’m going to see the game on the biggest TV ever built.

WR’s get very little love from the HoF committee, but I think even they would recognize that Moss is a first ballot guy.

Michael Irvin is lucky to be in the HoF at all, let alone a first ballot guy. Henry Ellard should have gone in before Irvin and still isn’t in.

Ray Guy

lol @ Ray Guy begging for the Hall: “I belong … I belong”. Man up, dude. On Cris Carter not being enshrined yet, yeah, it’s just wrong.

It really doesn’t make any sense there are no punters in the Hall. I’m not saying every position has to be represented equally, but common. The best punter ever and he’s not in? That’s bogus.

Defending a Raider just gave me a migraine. I’m going to nap.

I’m hoping this is the year for Cris Carter.

I was shocked when I heard today that Chris Carter wasn’t in. I assumed he was a shoe in. Probably the best wide receiver in the game from the mid to late 90s.

I don’t think it’s that surprising. There’s a number of good wide receivers he’s competing with, and soon Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt are getting added to that list.

Carter was head and shoulders above Holt. I believe he was superior to Bruce and Irvin too.

Between the careers of Rice and Moss, Carter was the best WR in the game. His 1995-99 seasons were second to none.

The only semi-legitimate mark against Carter is his relatively low yards per game, but his total yards and TD’s make every other statistic meaningless. He was also instrumental in the early development of Moss. I would be ashamed to be inducted this year if Carter does not get in as well.

My biggest knock on Carter is that he appears purple on TV. This also happens with Solomon Wilcots. Pay attention next time you see either of them. It’ll drive you crazy and you won’t be able to watch them anymore.

^ oh gee, thanks. I can’t watch basketball on TV anymore after a co-worked commented on how annoying the squeaking from the sneakers is. I had never noticed it before and now it’s all I hear.

Yes I have. You don’t have to wait for a game. You can take a tour of it and get a picture on the star for about $25. It’s really cool–they take you into Mr. Jones’s private suite, you get to go to the player locker room and…the Cheerleader’s locker room!!!

If you go to a game, I recommend taking the tour the day prior.

^ Ha, I’d plant a wireless micro camera there (cheerleaders locker room that is) …. uuuuuuuhhhh. It sounds like a plan. I’m not a fan of the Boys but I’ve been eyeing a visit to Jerry World. Last month I went to the Dolphins stadium and for certain sections or suites you can also buy a pass to be on the sidelines during warm ups, so it’s very nice to be on the field for like an hour before kickoff. A Jerry World tour the day before the game sounds like a no brainer too. To my original question, I take the screen is not a problem.

Not really. I think it enhances the game. If you just want to stare at the field, then stare at the field. I would usually watch the field while the play was going on, then watch the replays on the screen. But you’ll find that you do spend a lot of time looking at the 60-yard HD screen.

The first time I took a tour, they were having cheerleader tryouts. You couldn’t see the tryouts in person, but they were showing them on the Jerrytron. I spent a lot of time looking at the screen that day.

Whether you’re a fan of America’s Team or not, I’d still recommend the tour. Tom Jackson called it a “nightclub with a football field in the middle.” That’s really not a bad description of it. It is a sight to behold.