Rate rises and sell offs - what next?

Predicable in my competent analyses , which stand—US financial irresponsibility caused a lot of death last century, and the probabilities are overwhelming that it will do so again this century. It’s already manifesting in their re-starting of the Cold War, because default is closing in, simultaneous with them getting out-competed by CN.

Or an insightful objective analysis correctly identifying macro-trends, and you are just biased af (cultural bias, etc). :bulb:

There . . . that’s more accurate.

I’d ask you to provide competent analysis that _ everything has a financial driver _ (your absurd claim), but as I know that that’s impossible, and that you’ll simply cower behind another personal attack, I’ll spare you the indignity.

I’m looking forward to some real sales when there’s really some panic and blood on the streets.

Yep I wouldn’t call this 5 percent drop anything bloody. I need to feel sadness like me or a so losing their job. I want budget cuts, massive lay offs, and lowered rates! That’s how I’ll know we reached the circle of life!!!

hope everyone bought the dip last week

In case you forgot where you are in your old age—this is the investment forum.

Everything discussed here obviously has a financial driver, or it doesn’t belong here. :bulb:

Same. It’s been 10yrs now of manic unprecedented market pumping—QE, ZIRP, corp tax cuts. The global asset bubble dwarfs 2008. There will be blood, but when?

I bought it with 2x leverage :slight_smile:

So typical: you’re wrong, and when it’s pointed out that you’re wrong, you try to redefine your answer so that you appear right.

It’s sad, really.

Image result for you're crazy man old school gif

This is why I propose an entirely new economic system. A resources global economy where natural inventories, high-end tech and free information is managed without any other objective than to provide peace, living quality and education for every human in the world and for the coming.

If this is not achieved, then the world is doomed (in 50 years or in 500, but doomed for sure).

You lost kid, just quit posting.

Everything has a financial driver.

Saying it a second time doesn’t make it true.

I think that I’ve finally figured it out: you’re jealous.

Lots of people say that I’m great, but nobody but you says that you’re great.

That’s sad. Very sad.

That’s your whole posting strategy, saying the same witless thing endlessly.

Dude, you don’t work in this profession, and don’t belong here.

Does calling people “dude” and “kid” make you feel superior? I notice that you do it only when you’re wrong and scared to admit it.

Fortunately for the world, you don’t get to decide who belongs here and who doesn’t.

Can you imagine if PA “worked in this profession”

“next up on CNBC, the portfolio manager who is always short vix when the market is up but somehow never short vix when it’s down. His record is undeniable, 400 years of investment experience since 2000, endless [timestamped] returns on a $1,500 portfolio that clearly indicate superiority above everyone else on the internet. His China complex is… in fact complex! He bolds words and calls people kids and dudes which shows how relatable he can be towards those folks he deems inferior because clearly if you don’t bold words no one will read it. I bring you, PA!”

Anyways, back to the market.

Rising rates are clearly squeezing the old buy the dip trend. It’s nice to be somewhat back in an environment where real economic factors are determining market action.

I know a lot of that is simply rediscounting of future returns due to higher rates but I still find it welcoming. It’s been a very long time since real factors matters, So long that there are junior people in my office who are thrilled to have 1.95% rates on their savings account.