Really, France? Really?

The French aren’t slaves, like the Americans are. Humans are supposed to run things, not be run, by corporations. They have a great quality of life over there, if some dooche tried to take it away I’d protest too. Obviously the USAers aren’t going to grasp, I mean we work 50hrs a week 51 weeks a year and not only don’t we protest, but lie to ourselves that it is so awesome, how brainwashed is that. Totally whipped and enslaved. Get real, man-up and say no.

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The French aren’t slaves, like the Americans are. > > > Humans are supposed to run things, not be run, by > corporations. They have a great quality of life > over there, if some dooche tried to take it away > I’d protest too. Obviously the USAers aren’t > going to grasp, I mean we work 50hrs a week 51 > weeks a year and not only don’t we protest, but > lie to ourselves that it is so awesome, how > brainwashed is that. Totally whipped and > enslaved. > > Get real, man-up and say no. Don’t want to assume, but it sounds like you have a strong sense of entitlement. You want better hours, more pay but don’t want to put in the time. Get in line brosef everyone wants that and there are plenty of people who will actually pay their dues rather than whine about it. Also, this whole thing that we are slaves blah blah blah BS. Is someone forcing you to work at corporation X? I must have missed the part where American went from one of the most advanced countries in the world into a fiefdom. On the topic of brainwashed. I was at a job where I got decent pay, great benefits, awesome hours and I got to work from home 3days a week. But the work was lousy, boring and completely unsatisfying. So I left to find a job where I work well above 50hours a week and love it! Seriously bro what the heck are you doing in finance if you have this kind of mentality?

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The French aren’t slaves, like the Americans are. don’t take it personally, but: go eat some cheese in a field

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > purealpha Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The French aren’t slaves, like the Americans > are. > > don’t take it personally, but: go eat some cheese > in a field I like to eat cheese while sitting on my couch wearing nothing but socks and watching Hogan’s Heroes on DVD. It’s very liberating.

But the problem is that French quality of life will ultimately suffer if the recession is prolonged. Increasing the retirement age, hours in the work week, and other things like that are unpopular, but are necessary to stimulate the economy.

There is always this assumption that “america has the most advanced” bla bla bla, but when I travel around almost EVERYONE has a higher quality of life. You think consumption of worthless products is a qualify of life? The French are way more advanced as a society, I’m just sayin’.

France vs. the US is not really relevant to the argument though. The argument is whether the extension of the retirement age, or other austerity measures will help or hurt French living standards over the long run. Why would French politicians support something like this unless they *really* thought they would be screwed without it? Certainly, they are not trying to be more like the US. They are just trying to make sure that their economic system does not crumble, and with it, all the happy experiences that French people currently enjoy.

That is a very intellectual way to view it. So my brother’s US based company has an office in France, they sent a guy from the US over to France to “get the French onboard with the program”. The French worker with slow deliberate motion, lifted up his laptop, raised it to the height of around 4’, and let go (crash) while saying something in French that was probably “then do it yourself”. Converstation over. True story. The French don’t take to corporate dogs stepping on their rights, if they did, they wouldn’t have the rights they have. You gotta like that about the frenchies.

But it’s not corporate dogs - it’s their government! And again, I don’t see how your example is relevant here.

ohai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > But it’s not corporate dogs - it’s their > government! And again, I don’t see how your > example is relevant here. He’s an idiot. Just ignore him.

My mom is in Paris right now. Apparently you can still live somewhat normally, granted her place is in the 16th so it’s not very over-run with gov’t workers. Gas is super hard to come by and trash pick up is intermittent. One thing though, the boulangerie (bakeries) are still open!

> Gas is super hard to come by and trash pick up is > intermittent. > > One thing though, the boulangerie (bakeries) are > still open! Chock one up for the free market good guys!

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So my brother’s US based company has an office in > France, they sent a guy from the US over to France > to “get the French onboard with the program”. The > French worker with slow deliberate motion, lifted > up his laptop, raised it to the height of around > 4’, and let go (crash) while saying something in > French that was probably “then do it yourself”. > Converstation over. True story. you don’t see any unfair elitism in that story? how long until the guy was unemployed…or did his country pay his unemployment? d@mn that social injustice

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There is always this assumption that “america has > the most advanced” bla bla bla, but when I travel > around almost EVERYONE has a higher quality of > life. You think consumption of worthless products > is a qualify of life? > > The French are way more advanced as a society, I’m > just sayin’. Nobody said America has the most advanced… I said it is one of the most advanced countries in the world, which is true. Agree with ohai. Not sure how the guy lifting the laptop story is relevant here. Just makes him sound completely unprofessional.

I’m not an expert, but I’ve been back on the forum for several months. Things I have noticed purealpha loves doing: 1) Hating the US 2) Loving Asian women in traditional gender roles 3) Eating kim chi

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 2) Loving Asian women in traditional gender roles To be fair, who doesn’t love this?

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > brain_wash_your_face Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 2) Loving Asian women in traditional gender > roles > > To be fair, who doesn’t love this? Just an observation, to each their own. Personally, I like my women like I like my instant oatmeal: cheap, easy and covered in facts about dinosaurs.

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you don’t see any unfair elitism in that story? > how long until the guy was unemployed…or did his > country pay his unemployment? Morning, what does unfair elitism mean? Why would you fire him? You would have to hire another french guy and he would say the same thing, that’s the power people have when they just say no thanks.

brain_wash_your_face Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Things I have noticed purealpha loves doing: > > 1) Hating the US > 2) Loving Asian women in traditional gender roles > 3) Eating kim chi That is no secret! I’m also known for making six digits while working 35hrs, vacationing a buttload, and munching sushi. Except #1 isn’t really true, the country just has issues and the people are in denial. Doods, I just found some awesome Bloomberg stuff that will infuriate you more, I’ll post in a minute.

Here are awesome things that the Americans could really learn from… --> “We will never accept this law,” Jean-Claude Mailly, secretary general of Force Ouvriere, said today on RMC radio. “Just because a law has been voted through doesn’t mean we just say: ‘Oh, too bad.’” That’s is called balls guys. If you don’t have balls you get your rights taken from you by the govt and the corporations, simple as that. See USA case study. Like you know, GWB stealing election and we are just like “oh okay, what can we do about it, we are just nobody”. --> Unions said they would contest the move in the courts. “There is a right to strike,” Charles Foulard, a CGT union organizer, said on BFM. “This is scandalous, this is not what you do in a country with human rights.” Damn right! This kind of stuff just makes my Friday. The USA *used* to have free strong people like this that wouldn’t take crap, what happened?