Recipe to pass level 1

houston_08 , i think you arethe only soul who has recomended schwser for ethics .i think best trick is to download pdf for cfa.org on your desktop

I used schweser and passed. starting studying last week in Jan, but I have an MS in Finance and work in fixed income, so not sure if 4 months would be enough for you, but who knows. I used the CFAI txt when I needed to clear something up and after my first two practice exams, used it to brush up on weak areas. One thing I did do with the CFAI txts was answer ALL old CFA test questions that were included. Def gave me a better idea of the types of questions and style of writing to expect on the actual exam

Sounds like schweser would be a great way to supplement my studies. Where do you guys purchase your schweser materials? I can find them online myself too, but I want a site that’s reputable that i can buy my study material. Can anyone direct me to a link and tell me what their cost of the schweser material is? That way I know I won’t get scammed. Thanks again guys. Will be studying away. I’ve already read a handful of posts here about the exam. A lot of folks are either depressed, upset, or optimistic about retaking their next exam. Hopefully, I can study in time and perform well. I also know that it’s not the end of the world if I don’t pass.

dktq Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sounds like schweser would be a great way to > supplement my studies. Where do you guys > purchase your schweser materials? I can find them > online myself too, but I want a site that’s > reputable that i can buy my study material. Can > anyone direct me to a link and tell me what their > cost of the schweser material is? That way I > know I won’t get scammed. Thanks again guys. > Will be studying away. > > I’ve already read a handful of posts here about > the exam. A lot of folks are either depressed, > upset, or optimistic about retaking their next > exam. Hopefully, I can study in time and perform > well. I also know that it’s not the end of the > world if I don’t pass. uhhh, have you tried www.schweser.com ?

Yeah I have, but I figured there might be sites that would sell for a cheaper price.

Background: 3rd timer, No Finance background, Work exp in IT June-07 - studied for 30 days - flunked ( used only schweser, did well in FSA and Ethics >70) Dec-07 - studied 20 days - flunked again, result was worse than 1st time only Ethics >70 couple in 50-70 ( quant, FSA ) rest all below 50. Jun-08 Studied 40 days - cleared with most sections above 70 ( Quant, AI and Derivatives between 50-70) Used Schweser only. Did questions at the back of CFAI for ( FSA, ECO, FI ) For Ethics, used CFAI and schweser. IMHO, if you are stressed for time: 1) Read through Schweser and do all the questions at the end of each section 2) After each Study session, try all the questions at the back of CFAI textbooks ( do this for the heavy weights at-least) 3) Re-read entire schweser + questions ( make sure you understand the underlying concepts this time ) 4) Take some sample tests to time yourself ( I didn’t take any and suffered in exam ( missed simple questions )) Don’t ignore quant even if you have a maths/engineering background, its lengthy but high-scoring (I made a mistake). Try to refresh everything once in final week, helps a lot ( again this is only for those who are stressed for time, if you start now and can spend on an avg 2-3 hrs daily, you will get enough time and you will be quite clear concept-wise) All the best!!

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ETHICS IS THE MAKE OR BREAK ON THE EXAM. IF YOU > BOMB ETHICS AND ARE BORDERLINE (BAND 10), THEY > WILL FAIL YOU. > > > MEAZZA, I LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE AND GOOD LUCK FOR DEC > – PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP YOU IN ANY WAY daj, maybe not that absolute…I was boarderline, but my ethics is >70%. I still failed. Band 10. FSA is between 50% and 70%.

I looked at the schweser site and the price of those packages are crazy! Are the schweser notes packs the guides (for $329) that you guys use to study for the exam? I’m going to purchase these packages soon and wanted to make sure they’re the same ones you guys are also using. Also, is there anything else I would need aside from the notes pack? Thanks again guys for the help.

danielsky Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > daj224 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ETHICS IS THE MAKE OR BREAK ON THE EXAM. IF YOU > > BOMB ETHICS AND ARE BORDERLINE (BAND 10), THEY > > WILL FAIL YOU. > > > > > > MEAZZA, I LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE AND GOOD LUCK FOR > DEC > > – PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I CAN HELP YOU IN ANY > WAY > > > daj, maybe not that absolute…I was boarderline, > but my ethics is >70%. I still failed. Band 10. > FSA is between 50% and 70%. i’m in the same boat band 10 fail … with a pass in ethics