Recruiters, wtf?

I would imagine that a recruiting firm is only worth as much as the size of its contact list as more contacts/candidates = more potential top line growth ~ higher stock price they want you to come in bc they just want you in their “system” when private firms try to sell themselves they’re just selling how many “contacts” they have which is why they FORCE you to come in so they can get you in the system this is an “analyst” forum right??? no one figured this out yet whyyyy

Haven’t you people learned to deal with recruiters yet? You have to treat these people like crap and let them know you are in charge. Being verbally abusive is a must. If they won’t tell me about the position I tell them to never call me again period. I usually interrrupt them right in the beginning of their pitch and tell them the real deal. “Look, I know how this game is played, don’t waste my time, let me know what you got and if I’m interested I’ll let you know, and no, I’m not going to tell you how much I make.” These people have no leverage with you and you must be aggressive with them. I have found this to be the case 90% of the time. If you come off like a pussy, they will be blowing smoke up your arse all day long telling you how every job they have is a great fit for you.

equity_analyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Haven’t you people learned to deal with recruiters > yet? > > You have to treat these people like crap and let > them know you are in charge. > > Being verbally abusive is a must. > > If they won’t tell me about the position I tell > them to never call me again period. > > I usually interrrupt them right in the beginning > of their pitch and tell them the real deal. > > “Look, I know how this game is played, don’t waste > my time, let me know what you got and if I’m > interested I’ll let you know, and no, I’m not > going to tell you how much I make.” > > These people have no leverage with you and you > must be aggressive with them. > > I have found this to be the case 90% of the time. > > If you come off like a pussy, they will be blowing > smoke up your arse all day long telling you how > every job they have is a great fit for you. Bravo. Next bimbo that calls me will serve as my verbal punching bag.

Some bimbo called me again today. As she’s talking through my resume (obviously not knowing wtf she is doing) she mentions the name of the company she is recruiting for. I go to their website and shaazam, the position is listed! Is there an ethical infraction if I simply apply through the website circumnavigating the d!pshit recruiting b!tch? equity_analyst’s suggestion was clutch likewise.

CFAvsMBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Some bimbo called me again today. As she’s > talking through my resume (obviously not knowing > wtf she is doing) she mentions the name of the > company she is recruiting for. I go to their > website and shaazam, the position is listed! Is > there an ethical infraction if I simply apply > through the website circumnavigating the d!pshit > recruiting b!tch? > > equity_analyst’s suggestion was clutch likewise. Circumnavigate baby! Do it for all of us whose time was wasted beyond belief, I can’t stand these people.

re: sell you for less than you are worth - I agree. I had a recruiter try and shove me in a pre MBA role because my experience matched exactly what the client requested…which is what happens if you’ve already had that job before. Her reasoning for the back track: military officer experience isn’t actually experience. That must mean West Point, The Naval Academy, AF Academy, Citadel, Norwich, etc… are looked down on by employers? Don’t get me wrong - everyone has to pay their dues, but know it’s a hopeless call when both parties hang up and think to themselves “that person is an idiot.” Edited for grammar. Maybe she was right…

CFAvsMBA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- Is > there an ethical infraction if I simply apply > through the website circumnavigating the d!pshit > recruiting b!tch? > > equity_analyst’s suggestion was clutch likewise. No, because you could’ve just googled her clues and figured it out in an hour - done that before. You’re still better off submitting a resume through the recruiter unless you know someone at that company. She’s getting paid to talk you into the interview chair.

Find good recruiter and maintain good relationships with them. Good recruiters can be invaluable in getting right interviews and whispering right thing to hiring manager