Repeating L2'ers

urymoto1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is what you do to pass. > > Read Schweser, do every exercise after > readings…then re-read exercises and do them > again, thus re-inforcing. > Then do all CFAI book exercises to make sure > nothing slips through the cracks. > Then do Qbank for days on end… > then do practise exams in a realistic simulation, > so you can practise your time management. > > Repeat if necessary. > > this sh.it becomes a part of your soul when you > repeat it so much just one question…which do you give up, work or sleep?

you can do what ury wrote without losing both. Time management is a wonderful thing.

I also did poorly in derivatives, quant and PM. It looks like there’s quite a few people also who did the same using schweser. I did well in Equity and FSA. I also posted a topic about the differences in the curriculum in 2008 vs last year. If people can contribute as they are going through the material I think it would benefit us all! - J

I read this forum and I want to thank everyone for helping me devise my study plan… I passed this December and just started on the level 2… So here’s my plan as to what to read from Schweser and CFAI texts :- Ethics - CFAI text Quant- Schweser and CFAI(quick browse and end of chapter questions) Economics - Schweser FSA - Schweser Equity Analysis - Schweser Fixed Income - Schweser and CFAI Derivatives - Schweser and CFAI(Again quick browse) PM - Schweser and CFAI Basically, I am completely reading CFAI in addition to Schweser for Ethics, Fixed Income and PM. In addition, after each reading that I do, I am going to practrice about 60 Qbank questions to reinforce the concept. Then finish by mid to late April and do all practice exams and more qbank. Thats it. Let me know what everyone else is doing as well.

Besides the curve ball last year with the treynor-black vignettes, Does anyone here feel Schweser alone covers all L2 topics well? From the past posts it seems Schweser is good for FSA and equity. Also if given an ideal testing situation meaning only meaty topics are covered, do you guys think Schweser alone is good enough to use? Thanks

paullllly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Besides the curve ball last year with the > treynor-black vignettes, Does anyone here feel > Schweser alone covers all L2 topics well? From the > past posts it seems Schweser is good for FSA and > equity. Also if given an ideal testing situation > meaning only meaty topics are covered, do you guys > think Schweser alone is good enough to use? Thanks Yes I agree. I was well prepared for FSA and equity last year. For everything else, schweser was not good enough.