Resume

i put CFA Program - Level 3 exam passed in June 09, Level 2 in June 08, Level 1 in Dec 07 - (3 for 3) I’m debating the 3 for 3 part, but at the same time feel a little entitled/motivated to do some bragging at this point…

Dimes27 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i put CFA Program - Level 3 exam passed in June > 09, Level 2 in June 08, Level 1 in Dec 07 - (3 for > 3) > > I’m debating the 3 for 3 part, but at the same > time feel a little entitled/motivated to do some > bragging at this point… Interesting, I did it on the same dates too. Don’t you realize that by stating those dates, it’s already obvious you got it 3/3

That’s true… but i’m also trying to indicate to an employer, I’m a confident and smart SOB who’s going to make them a lot of money… :slight_smile: Granted, on the other hand, my girlfriend laughed at me when I said I put that on my resume, so that could be a sign…

“Passed the Level 3 CFA Exam in June 2009; charter pending.” (bolding everything except “charter pending”). Is this legit?

Not sure the bold is legit. Can anyone confirm?

you are seriously gonna put 3 for 3 on your resume? what is this? is your resume a basketball stat sheet? hahah

what about this: CFA (completed Level 3 charter pending)

Amazed that anyone would consider putting “3 for 3” or any such similar mention on the resume. How do you think that would come across in the case where you are being interviewed by a CFA Charterholder who, let’s just say, had to write level 2 twice eight years ago? Passing all three on the first attempt is an accomplishment and you should be proud. There are probably various socially-appropriate ways to celebrate this, but bragging on the resume is likely not going to to help your cause.

Putting 3/3 is a risk. If your hiring manager has not passed in 3 years, he might think that this SOB is an arrogant dog and not call you for the interview. It is like putting MBA after your name.

A more indirect way of saying that you went 3/3 is simply listing the month/year you passed each level: June-07: Passed CFA Level 1 Exam June-08: Passed CFA Level 2 Exam June-09: Passed CFA Level 3 Exam You can then let them connect the dots…however, if/when I receive my charter, I will just say TheChad, CFA

TheChad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A more indirect way of saying that you went 3/3 is > simply listing the month/year you passed each > level: > > June-07: Passed CFA Level 1 Exam > June-08: Passed CFA Level 2 Exam > June-09: Passed CFA Level 3 Exam > > You can then let them connect the dots…however, > if/when I receive my charter, I will just say > TheChad, CFA Or if you took LI right out of college - CFA Institute • Passed Level III in June, 2009. • Eligible for the CFA Charter upon completion of requisite work experience. and right underneath Your College, Graduated May, 2007

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Putting 3/3 is a risk. If your hiring manager has > not passed in 3 years, he might think that this > SOB is an arrogant dog and not call you for the > interview. > > It is like putting MBA after your name. Am I the only mother-flucker that has to put MBA after my name? I’m starting to get a d@mn complex about this.

I did Level 3 twice. Passed on the second try at Level 3. I actually feel proud of the fact that i came back and redid Level 3 after facing adversity. Although I am not gonna mention this fact in “writing” in my Resume, but I will not hide it either in conversation. It is actually is a good story telling point and sometimes a “bonding” moment if the interviewer faced something similar.

Intead of putting 3/3 you should save some space and instead put a line about how your previous investment recommendations/decisions added value to your current employer.

I’d like to bump this conversation. Still trying to get the answer to whether you can call yourself a charterholder if your work experience has been approved, you’re a member of CFAI and local society, and got your results that you passed Level 3. Can you call yourself CFA or do you have to await possession of the physical charter?

I wouldn’t until your membership status states “Charterholder” as opposed to “Regular”