Retabulation - Should I Consider It?

No.

IMO retab is only worth considering if you are borderline MPS and feel in your gut that your essay should have been better. There is more likely a chance of human error there (tired graders, grader who gave up on handwriting, etc). That being said, I hear the grading process is pretty rigorous. Apparently multiple people are assigned a single question so you have a new set of eyes grading the same answer and checking multiple times, so I think the chance of it changing may be slim.

Counting on things changing for the item set would be a waste of money.

I can imagine how it feels to be so close and not get it, but I think the best course of action is to just forget it, refresh, and learn the material better for next time.

“Essay should have been better” does not matter - at least according to my understanding of the process (which very well could be wrong!). They aren’t regrading the test. They literally add up the points you were given again to ensure no error.

Majority of essays get looked at 3 times. If you are in the middle 50% after round one, you get graded a second time, and then a third grader will come in to rectify any differences between 1 & 2. If you are close to the MPS your essays were gone over several times already.

Don’t do it. I did it last year for closure, but you have to realize they don’t re-grade your answers. Also a CFAI exec did an AMA on reddit and confirmed that no retab has ever cause a change from fail to pass.