Retabulation stories?

Hey Hashtag, would be great if you could quit trolling those of us that weren’t so lucky. Enjoy your pass and move on with your life.

IVC & N.VanCandidate, please share your outcomes for the rest of us considering it!

Hi IVC, I feel your pain. But in order to answer your question, do you mind sharing your study material? And which part AM or PM are more negative? The morning session was tricky because only certain words will receive points. My point is that we need to distinguish between “what you think is correct answer” and the real correct answer.

I have a friend who got band 1 on the 1st attempt and passed on the 2nd attempt.

What happened was that she wasn’t using the correct material(she thought she was) and she thinks she nailed all the points on her study material but she wasn’t getting what was really tested.

She told me she answered ALL morning questions and the answer sheet was full of writing. But what she realized on the 2nd attempt was that only certain words will receive points.

You see what I mean? If you tested yourself on the past 10 yrs morning session exam and your score is significantly diff than band 1, I would pay this $100. Otherwise, I would not.

my thought exactly! His posts are getting extremely annoying

Some hate me, some love me. Better luck in 2019.

#bestwishes

i was studying with schweser, did all their classes/3 day workshop/review questions/exam tutoring where they teach you how to write the cfa answer etc, both schweser’s exam books. Then did all of cfa’s prior AM papers (I think up to 2011?) and my score reflects it, my AM score is good even though I didnt feel that I “killed it”. Where my concern is - is the PM part where I scored below 10% of all candidates. That is what I can’t agree with… I saw the tricks and felt that I killed it and how is my score below 10% of all candidates?! Will share retabulation results when I hear back from them

Hi Harry I have not done the retab yet and leaning towards not going for it…called CFAI and all they do is add up the 1s and 0s manually on your MC paper and the points on the AM paper; this will not do anything… I find it hard that this day and age computers added the 1’s (correct answers) and 0s (not correct answers) incorrectly. I may have smudge marks that cause the computer pick up the wrong answer or bubbled wrong but retab won’t help me there so rather than waste my $100 I will buy a bottle of nice scotch drink my sorrows off and get back to studying harder and more efficiently for 2019… I can not let this exam go and have to get er done one way or another… never left anything unfinished in my life and not going to start now. Thanks to AF community and their outpour of great supportive msgs I am not devastated it anymore but angry for letting the exam stress get the best of me on June 23rd and will make sure to bottle than anger into good energy for early start in October and not have another close call next year (I wan that 90% percentile ranking).

I am in the same boat as you but read above regarding what they said to me so hard to believe changes anything…the lady from CFAI said they have never changed results or come back with different score and 100s if not 1000s re tab every year…I don’t think she would like if she wanted to just get my money…

I sent in request for retab today, screw it. Peace of mind (or false hope)… If/when I hear back that my score is as originally reported, I will hunker down for 2019! Thanks all.

did they say how long it takes? I would like to know how they respond etc… as I am sure many do here…

I’ve donated many times to the retab fund…buys me good sleep. If you really were that well prepared and you got like a band 1 in the PM i think it’s worthwhile to retab but I thought they have vigorous process to spot papers that are not well marked and even if you put wrong candidate details. My feeling is that although you prepared well, you must’ve fallen for the traps and missed key words in what the questions were asking. I realised this mistake this year on my 3rd attempt.

I have applied for a retabulation… not sure if anything weill come of it but I figure it is worth a try. I was very confident in preparation and in post exam feeling but I did not even get one topic area above the 70% line which just does not seem like it can be correct… it may be money down the drain but worth trying

Referencing your own post that didn’t get any love when you originally posted it…

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ru8DMW-grY]

Of course any computer performs arithmetic correctly everytime. The issue to me for the AM session is a scrivener’s error. Typos happen as someone needs to enter the points scored correctly into a computer. No doubt they have QC on this process. But we’ve all seen such failings in our work from time to time I’m certain for such processes. This is the only way I realistically envision a score change from the retabulation and has me considering it. I was a retaker this year who was significantly more prepared versus 2017, felt good after exam, and scored so poorly on AM that all my time studying and taking exam was utterly wasted.