retakers... your thoughts?

Asking the “same” thing they won’t. You are right.

But asking similar things is the issue.

You can see that the 2014 exam is more related to the 2013 than to 2010, 2005, 2000…

If I fail, I will remake the 2015 exam (when released) as a good practice to 2016…

That is subjective view … Doesn’t mean it goes for everyone …

I am inclined to think that if one has prepared and could say with certainty he or she managed to answer all questions whilst recognizing the majority of them has a merit to claim the respective confidence level of nailing the AM or PM…

#98%cannotNAILbothAM+PM

#JustLookAtHistoricalScores

couldn’t agree more.

mike, yes my view is subjective; however, it’s based on experience, having been going at L3 for 2 yrs and learning what a thousand other candidates have experienced the last 2-3 yrs with L3, both those who’ve passed and those who’ve failed.

I would bet my house, 100 times out of 100, that 99% of L3ers don’t actually performs/scores the way he/she thinks they performed/scored on test day. Most L3ers feel they are 85% confident about the answers they provided on the AM session, which, as hashtag accurately explains, history has proven the opposite (and everyone, every year, thinks “this year is different”)

Thanks for sharing, very interesting strategy. Hope you pass!

Instead of focusing on what score is needed to pass, MPS, 40/60/80, yadayadayada… Can we please focus on the fact that in looking at most scores (and I mean MOST) from 2011-2014 posted on this very Forum showed greater than 5-6 sections failed (<50) with only roughly 7-8 sections >70 across BOTH AM AND PM COMBINED and STILL passed???

Idk about y’all but I definitely think I got >70 on AT LEAST 6-7 sections total across AM/PM. Perhaps this is a framing bias (lol)? I think not… I think the results speak for themselves…

See for yourself…

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91324255

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-level-iii-forum/91335140

I saw this pass from 2014.

Essay

1 Portfolio Management – Individual 20 * - -

2 Portfolio Management – Individual 19 - - *

3 Equity Investments 17 * - -

4 Economics 15 * - -

5 Portfolio Management – Institutional 16 * - -

6 Portfolio Management – Institutional 16 - - *

7 Fixed Income Investments 11 * - -