Revolving door etiquette

I usually make eye contact and slow down - works out everytime (usually get a smile from her as well).

Guys, seriously, I’m 115, she’s 110. Our balsam wood bones make fire every time we touch. I honestly think we may be the two skinniest non-anorexic/bulemic male and female in southern Ontario. But I did enjoy the blowup doll joke, pretty solid.

L3 Buckaroo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is the one I haven’t figured out - do you go > into a revolving door ahead of the lady, so you > can do all the pushing and she just has to walk > through? Or do you allow her to go first as per > every other door situation (except getting into a > cab)? And if she goes in first, do you give it a > push for her to get her started? Or do you squeeze > into the next “section” of the door as quickly as > possible and give it your all? Do what you want, chivalry is dead.

Lame topic, I always go first and you should too. Many females automatically start positioning themselves as if they will of course be first through the door, first on the bus, first in everything and guys everywhere are just going to move out of their way, sacrificing their “firstness” for the female. I really enjoy the shocked looks, try it next time, take the first available revolving door space, which is rightfully yours, and leave her and her overly developed sense of self entitlement to sloppy seconds. :slight_smile:

While you’re at it, why not let her go first, then plant your heel firmly on the ground. When the whole thing locks up and she goes face first into the glass, you won’t have to worry about holding doors for her ever again.

L3 Buckaroo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is the one I haven’t figured out - do you go > into a revolving door ahead of the lady, so you > can do all the pushing and she just has to walk > through? Or do you allow her to go first as per > every other door situation (except getting into a > cab)? And if she goes in first, do you give it a > push for her to get her started? Or do you squeeze > into the next “section” of the door as quickly as > possible and give it your all? Either is fine - I come across this situation just about every day. I prefer option B, because as the gentleman exits first, she still has to push the door further in option A

Well there is no reason to make her do a face plant into the glass! But also no reason to be concerned about how she makes it through a doorway, she has hands.

As a rule I never push the revolving door, ever. It can really cause problems if I’m the only one going into the building… purealpha’s comment about female’s feeling entitled to being first definitely resonates with me.

My cousin said to just go in with her. Interesting way to meet people. I so wanna see what will happen!

I say go in the same spot, do all the pushing, start off the convo by asking her how many kids she wants.

When it’s man and woman you must yield the way to the lady. Shows that you are a gentlemen and a scholar. When it’s man and man you must establish yourself as the alpha male. Asert your dominance with an unflinching velocity towards the door.

trek7000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think you are supposed to let her walk in and > give it a push. Then you follow. Haven’t you > heard though, chivalry is dead. Yeah what is with that? I’ve noticed (and I will preface this is totally a generalization) but men under 35 will go trotting first into an elevator, where if they’re >40, they always let the lady enter first. WHY IS CHIVALRY DEAD?? On a side note, I asked my husband and his response was "First you wanted to VOTE, now you want…

Read pure alpha’s posts sha, there’s your reason. Why do girls go into an elevator first? Give me one logic bound reason, and not some rhetoric. Besides women stopped saying thank you some time ago, the sense of entitlement is infuriating. When it’s my gf, sure I do these things, but for the average random female stranger? I’m too bound by rationality to willingly subserviate myself. I went on a trip to Mexico for a month once with 4 guys and 17 girls from a private university. They packed ENORMOUS luggage bags, and as we were on the move a lot, constantly asked the dudes to carry the bags around. When your outnumbered 4 to 1 you quickly become a pack mule. By midway through the trip, they weren’t even using please or thank you. They never bought us dinner, or made any gesture to even things up, not one of them. In fact, every time we were eating at the same table, the guys wound up overpaying. By the last week, we disembarked from the bus one time, a girl handed me her bag expectantly, I politely handed it back to her and told her to go f*** herself. That was the last time I ever subjected myself to that. The problem is not unidimensional, or maybe it is.