Ridiculous cost-cutting measures

We have to mop the hallways on a rotating schedule, and liquid soap is diluted about 35% in the restrooms.

Part-time Crook Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > We have to mop the hallways on a rotating > schedule, and liquid soap is diluted about 35% in > the restrooms. You must be scrubbing the toilets with toothbrushes as well. Not ridiculous at all but I’m following the trend of the thread. - Our 401k match was axed - No more company sponsored happy hours (the worst one of all) - We used to have lunch served on every Friday, not anymore - 4% paycut back in February. I’ve received a raise since then - Our coffee has always sucked so if they ever cut that it might actually be a plus.

i meant ridiculous in the sense that its causing more harm (employee morale/frustration) than good (short-term minimal cost reduction from switching to short cups)

San Francisco is making us separate the compost from recycling and trash. Does that count?

• 401k match is now gone - vacation no longer carries over - about a month after they said that vacation no longer carries over AND that we already had to have the vacation days planned out, they come out and give us 9 forced days off during the summer (if you don’t have enough vacation left, it’s a pay cut) - switching medical benefits to an HSA, which shifts more burden onto the employee it seems like every quarter at the all-employee meetings, they drop another bomb on us.

We were asked to turn off our monitors at night to save on energy costs.

doworkson Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > We were asked to turn off our monitors at night to > save on energy costs. Gasp!

^ lol Where ya been lately you just popped up today. Granted all over the place. I can’t say I mind seeing you around again.

You guys think you had it bad, for awhile our office went BYOB. It was a rough couple of months.

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > gongshowsgocheddar Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > - 7% 401k match cancelled > > - 80% tuition reimbursement down to $8000/yr. > > - No salary increases unless SIGNIFICANT job > > change > > - CFA/CFP stipend cancelled > > - Cash bonus for passing CFA levels cancelled > > > > Best quote ever from the head of our business > unit > > at a company meeting at the conclusion of > telling > > us about all of this… > > > > “We can all weather this economic environment > if > > we all come in a little earlier, stay a little > > later, and work a little harder.” > > > > yeah…about that. > > > I know where you work…lol bromance

They switched the Evian water out of our fridge and put Fiji water in there - outrageous! Also, we don’t have Yoplait yogurt in there anymore either - - just these generic nutrition bars that never go bad. They won’t let us charge celebration shots of patron on our cards anymore after work and we actually have to pay for our own subway card and for after hour massages at the spa - insane, right?! I honestly do not know how anyone will be able to work in this environment. It is unacceptable.

no more dumps at work. bossman does not want to pay for people’s $hit at work. also can only flush every 3rd pisser, we have a signoff sheet and can only pee twice a day.

Six months ago, they removed the plants on every floor but on top management’s. Employees complained that plants were a good cure against mental depression in such a tough economical environment. Top management agreed and plants were back the next day. The whole plant moving event must have cost around 100K. Pathetic.

Make me visit field sites during weekend so I can get back to the office by Monday. It’s so effing stupid (can’t really say no since lots of people will jump to take my job at the slightest opportunity).

“Hey ozzie123, I’m gonna have to ask you to come in on Saturday… so if you could just get here around 9:00, that would be great. Oh, yeahhhh, I’m gonna need to go ahead and ask you to come in on Sunday too.” Don’t you know the sneak out early on Friday trick?

XSellSide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t you know the sneak out early on Friday > trick? lol, please advise me

ozzie123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > XSellSide Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Don’t you know the sneak out early on Friday > > trick? > > lol, please advise me You have seen the movie Office Space, right?

ConvertArb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > no more dumps at work. bossman does not want to > pay for people’s $hit at work. also can only flush > every 3rd pisser, we have a signoff sheet and can > only pee twice a day. haha! this is great!

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ > lol > > Where ya been lately you just popped up today. > Granted all over the place. I can’t say I mind > seeing you around again. BUSY! Work is insane right now…in a good way.

“Peter, whats happening? Listen uhhhhh we’re gonna have to talk about your TPS reports…Did you see the memo on this?”