Ryder Cup

http://deadspin.com/american-fan-at-ryder-cup-heckles-europeans-gets-calle-1787239881?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

ftw

Thank god he had the right line. That thing was going 30 feet by.

I really want to comment on today’s play so far, but don’t want to spoil it for anyone who plans to watch the replay coverage tonight.

some ugly business with the fans… sad to see in golf

greatly enjoying this reed/mcilroy matchup

The best team won. It was always going to be tough recovering from going 4-0 behind after the foursomes

A small proportion of the US fans proved Pete Willett right…

Best event in golf without a doubt. Patrick Reed was phenomenal. Lee Westwood did what Lee does best and choke. The best team won and Europe have some work to do to. Enjoyed watching Pieters - he was great for the Euros.

I’m glad to have been proven wrong about the US Team’s desire to win. Could Patrick Reed be our Ian Poulter for the next few Ryder Cups?

While a small portion were jack asses, its hard to say they needed them to win. Great golf all around by both sides, such a fun event all around. The trash talk etc always makes it even better

Game on limeys. You got taken to the cleaners

I suppose you should always win your home Ryder cup so the real test will be in 2 years time. Only then will we know if the pendulum has really swung to the US after 20 years of European domination.

Mickelson/Garcia was absolutely incredible.

Lol @ Koepka taking Willett to the woodshed after that dumbass article by his brother. Oops.

Nothing like the Ryder Cup. Garcia hits off the tee, fans scream “get in the trees!”, it lands in the trees, raucous cheer.

The Reed/McIlory matchup was epic as well… couldn’t believe Reed sunk that long putt right after McIlroy’s bomb.

Yeah it was. I was let down McIlroy struggled towards the finish. Glad Reed pulled it out but the quality of play on the back 9 was vastly different than the front. Meanwhile Mickelson/Garcia both shot 63.

That was definitely worth getting up early on a Saturday for. Bring on the foursomes this afternoon. Can the boys secure another clean sweep and put this to bed on day 2?

I thought you didn’t care about golf Gringo! What a thrilling Sunday finale, USA had so much momentum, it looked like Europe might crumble but they held the course and the Americans flagged as quickly as they rose. Phenomenal scenes afterwards, I find it hard to believe that these Europeans + Brits have much in common but somehow they pulled together better than team USA. Fantastic and gripping golf.

haha, you’re right, I hate golf but I do quite enjoy watching the Ryder Cup as there’s something a bit special about it. Even this time round where it ended up being a very comprehensive and easy win for Europe there was still a fair bit of drama and it was a captivating watch.

It must be a bit of a strange dynamic with the Euros and Brits but I’m sure they rally together in their annoyance at the American fans as the etiquette of golf is quite different on either side of the pond.

yep, i think the common denominator is stick one to the yanks.

You’re right about the crowds though, it’s really annoying to hear “bababooooeeey” and “masheeedd potatosssss” every tee off. Some of it was borderline like american fans yelling during a putt follow through. like, cmon.

It does get quite annoying to watch. strangely quiet in here from the yanks :slightly_smiling_face:

i think only higgs watched golf and he hasn’t posted in a long time. hope he’s alright.

he was a good bloke, he introduced me to Glenkinchie . one of the many posters who has departed.