Salary increases?

My firm offered a $5k salary bump when you passed level 2 and another $5k bump when you got your CFA.

^that’s not bad assuming it is in addition to your normal annual increase.

Like many here, I did not receive any discrete payment for passing any of the levels but am confident it has helped in ascending the ranks at my company.

Received $5k for each level but was included in total annual bonus number so no way to prove it was incremental rather than creative engineering. No permanent increase, no reimbursement for test/materials.

I got some celebratory pastries!

Beers on the train back from Boston…and the nice job switch like Bromion.

I think my GF was going to take me to dinner to celebrate. Then she decided to have dinner with her girlfriend and didn’t bother to tell me about the change in plans.

So I celebrated by dumping her (though not on the same day).

+1

I should do that

My old employer subscribed to the CFAI Platinum Plan which was nice. Essentially, the minute results were released the payroll dept at my company recieved an automated feed from CFAI. Maybe 15 minutes later emails went out automatically to individuals who passed that they need to go pick up their checks. I got ~ 50k for passing level I.

It was a nice perk at the time.

A $500 bottle of red wine on passing L3, but no other contribution to the program costs.

If I pass I get to expense 50% of my exam costs, else it comes out of my pocket.

For level 1 I got a $2,000 bonus net of taxes

For level 2 I got a $2,500 bonus net of taxes

If I pass level 3 I’ll get a $3,000 bonus net of taxes

I also recieved a $10K raise last year and a $20K raise this year. These aren’t due to my status in the program though, mostly because I was so under paid. Also eveident by coworker who recieved the same raises and has no status in the program.

Beside the knowledge learner, I dont think I’ll get a salary increase from it until I have the charter, at least 5-7+ years work experience and can apply for jobs where Im qualifies for non-associate style positions.

My employer promised (in writing)

If I pass level 1 I get $1,500 increase in my salary

If I pass level 2 I get $1,800 increase in my salary

If I pass level 3 I get $2,500 increase in my salary If I acquire the charter I get another 800 But all is negotiable and my friends tell I will get more if I change to a new employer after I clear L3. I might do that since my employer is not sponsering me.

Why aren’t they sponsering you?