School Segregation

I’m not even for socioeconomic segregation, I think it’s sub optimal and stagnates economic growth and mobility while increasing class barriers and division. Plus in practice the distinction is blurred

That was the joke.

Aaaaahhhhh, lol

I like the German school system with its performance based segregation. The kid better get good grades in middle school or he will end up in Hauptschule with a bunch of german turks and immigrants.

That makes sense, smarties being around themselves, is homogeneity, which is functionality.

Grade school in the US was a huge waste of time, that system is crap.

But on a pretty obvious level thats basically socio-economic segregation. Rich peoples kids tend to get higher test scores & get into better (more expensive) schools. Are they smarter? Some of them, but many that I have met with high SAT scores and >4.0 gpas are still dumb as a rock, have no analytical skills and will be worthless in the real world. Their parents can pay for better education and they do, giving them a leg up. The challenge is trying to identify the truly gifted individuals at a young age and nurturing their talents. The rest of us can mull around being average, who cares.

Also believe I have seen studies, too lazy to look them up, that once you put kids on a slower track they are treated as such and never have a real chance to work their way up. Maybe treat each “track” like the premier league, the bottom 10% of the smart kids & the top 10% of the average kids switch.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/06/opinion/sunday/schools-that-work.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

I just watched a documentary on some private New York school across the street from the projects. It was interesting juxtaposition. Think it was called Class Divide on HBO

Also diet, poor people live on grain oil and corn syrup, their brains do not fully form and they get ADHD.

That part is easy, people have simply chosen not to do it. Because “we are all equal or whatever”.