Schweser 2010 vs 2009

Folks, I bought Schweser CD and study notes last year for L2 but i flunked the exam :frowning: I wanted to know whether it makes sense to buy the new notes from schweser again this year? has the curriculum changed significantly from last year? do let me know so tht i can save some bucks :slight_smile: I am not sure if they give accessto their Q-bank for some minimal cost (or do we have to re buy the entire notes from them)

Check this and then make a decision: http://www.finquiz.com/tips/detail I believe Schweser offers 50% off if you’re a retaker.

thanks man. that helped a lot. i think i ll just get the new schweser books. dont want to fail the test to save some bucks :slight_smile:

How about using old schweser books for the material that hasn’t changed AND cfai books for the new stuff? just a thought :slight_smile:

Nothing much has changed between the two years. The only essential thing to make sure is to understand the concept inside and out for those major topics. The major topics will always be in the level 2 exam no matter what. The only differences will be on some minor topics on taxes and private equity, which can all be taken from the CFAI textbooks.

jackofalltrades Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Nothing much has changed between the two years. > The only essential thing to make sure is to > understand the concept inside and out for those > major topics. The major topics will always be in > the level 2 exam no matter what. The only > differences will be on some minor topics on taxes > and private equity, which can all be taken from > the CFAI textbooks. +1 This is exactly my strategy. I’m also using the 2010 Schweser QBanks and 2009 Schweser Video CDs.

@damil, so you are using the 2009 notes and CDs and have ordered the 2010 Q-bank and mock exams? can you tell me exactly what all did you order and how much did you pay to Schweser? did they give you any discount

Can someone explain the point of changing for example this >> a. distinguish local currency, functional currency, and the presentation currency. to this >> a. distinguish among presentation currency, functional currency, and local currency. There are other similar LOS’s.

?? ^ I don’t see any difference in the two statements.

no difference in the statement. But given the source changed it (CFAI book) - the targets (Stalla, Schweser et. al) also need to change in order to keep up with the joneses.

As long as you intimately understand the concept local, functional, and presentation currencies, I think you will be fine. It does not matter how the LOS is stated, but rather, try to focus on grasping the concept of the LOS in different angles and perspectives. Just a thought. Caveat: I have not taken level 2 yet so I may be absolutely wrong here.