Schweser or CFA text for your study?

I got both schweser and CFA text last week. Given the time constrains, I doubt if I will be able to finish both materials without getting hospitalized out of depression. My tentative plan is to use CFA text for Ethics, Stats, and Economics and use schweser for the rest. (Simply because schweser is more to the points and I am stronger in Stats and Econ). And I will use both for the practice questions. What’s everyone else’s study plan? Let’s keep it feasible and realistic.

I like schweser. It’s concise and explains the LOS much more efficiently than the CFAI texts - and since the CFAI tests you on the LOS, I’d rather use schweser. Or, just search CFAI or schweser and you’ll find your answer.

I’m going to do all schweser for level 2. I really don’t have time to go through the CFA textbooks. There’s so many pages with no optional readings!! no optional readings! I loved thumbing through that stuff in level 1.

Agree here. I just enrolled for Level 2 and ordered Schweser’s study materials. Given time constrainst, I don’t think I will touch CFA text books. From my experience with Level I, the schweser’s product is a good subsitute to the textbooks as they get straight to the points. Most importantly, it is easy to understand.

My goal is to crunch through the CFAI Text and hopefully finish by mid April and that will give me 7-8 weeks to then focus exclusively on Schweser notes and for review. I am atleast going to use CFAI for FSA and Equity since that makes up roughly 50% of the exam.

MichaelInOklahoma Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My goal is to crunch through the CFAI Text and > hopefully finish by mid April and that will give > me 7-8 weeks to then focus exclusively on Schweser > notes and for review. I am atleast going to use > CFAI for FSA and Equity since that makes up > roughly 50% of the exam. same here

Schweser all the way

SCHWESER!!!

I used Schweser to pass level 1 this December and am going to go back to their system for L2. I’ve been reading the CFAI texts now that they are given for free, but they spend so much time on stuff that may, at most, have one question on the exam. Schweser puts more emphasis on the meat of the exam, skipping the trivial stuff. I think I’m going to use the CFAI materials for review after doing the Schweser system. I’m definitely going to pound the q-bank for the last month again as that’s what I think gave me the edge for L1.

You can’t rely on only schweser at level 2. Most people I know failed last year using schweser including myself but everyone’s different. I passed level 1 with schweser but got f*cked this year when schweser focusing on the WRONG parts. In fact a lot of the “trivial” stuff came up in the exam. But do what you want… I know I’m using the CFAI texts this time.

It’s really hard to pass relying on Schweser. I don’t have the Schweser notes, but I do have the videos. That being said some aspects on Schweser are better than the text. I thought the video explained the Durbin Watson statistic better and in FSA it explained VIE better. However, there are some downfalls in the video so far. Some of the econ measuring statistics were very brief in the videos. The CFAI text was better.

Both. I used CFAI only for L1 and I feel like I put in an insane amount of effort (read: inefficient). I’m hoping that supplementing my L1 study habits and CFAI with Schweser will help fill in some gaps. I actually like the depth of CFAI, but as you all know, it takes the kind of time you don’t really have to plow through it properly. Condensing key points when you can do it/find it is necessary.

i am using both materials. Using CFA Text to supplement Schweser if I dont understand the notes. It seems that CFA has a long explanation for each topic so it really helps me.

definetely schweser. i don’t have so much time to read all these cfai books. i’m just going to do practice questions from cfai bokks after i finish reading schweser.

Right now I am doing CFAI Text, but it is taking forever it seems like. I have the Schweser notes and they are looking very tempting!!

Hurray! CFAI text book 2, page 28, reading 21… an actual “optional segment”. Thank goodness.