Scotch Walking Tours

It depends what you’re into. If you like hiking and the outdoors head to the Cairngorms national park as it’s right on your doorstep from Speyside and it’s really beautiful.

Don’t bother with Aberdeen, it’s a shithole. Inverness is alright but it’s pretty small and there’s not a great deal to see so you couldn’t do 2 days there unless you just want to bum about and get on the bevvy. Loch ness if you like touristy stuff. Culloden battle field near Inverness is cool to see if you like history. It was the site of the last battle of the Jacobite uprising.

Other than that there are shitloads of castles everywhere. Dunrobin and Eilean Donan are probably the best. you could pretty much go in any direction from inverness and find a beautiful loch, munro or glen.

Enjoy the whisky touring though. Whisky is a good drink for day drinking as it doesn’t make you too drowsy like beer can, particularly is you intersperse it with tours and walking etc. some distilleries do good scran as well in case you get hungry.

Griingo is spot on about Aberdeen. If possible, visit Fettercain distillery. It is not too far from river esk and foothills of Cairngorm mountains. Fettercain foir is one of my favorite drink. Worth trying if you are into whisky

Thanks to Griingo and smuggy for the replies! I would be down with some Cairngorms time, especially since it is right there. Is there a place that you’d recommend to stay? Any interesting points near the coast, or should I focus on the lochs, munro’s and glens :stuck_out_tongue:?

I didn’t spend much time there as it was a work trip. We stayed in Hilton by city center in Aberdeen. Over the weekend, we drove to the Balvenie distillery and Balvenie castle one day and the other day some shopping and Fettercain :slight_smile:

aviemore is a pretty cool town in the Cairngorms

ive never actually been to the coast around that area but I hear that Nairn is nice, same for the Black Isle

I did this trip and will provide a full update in the future. It was a nice trip, highly recommended, even if it actually made me dislike Macallan.

Nice one mate, any distilleries you’d recommend? Some of the big ones can be a bit soulless.

A few of my mates are doing the Dramathon this weekend which is a trail marathon in speyside where you pass a lot of distilleries and get a dram from each of them at the end. The party after is legendary. I suppose you put a lot of people who have just ran a marathon together and give them a shitload of whisky it’s going to get messy.

i gotta get my bankroll up before I can even think about that.

My sister and my niece are in Scotland now. They went to a scotch tasting today!!! Soooooo jealous!!!