Semi- offer)))

delete

Have you signed a contract with the new company and have they countersigned? It seems to me that you have, but they are now suggesting you start a month later than previously agreed. Is that right? The way they are behaving is a bad sign for how they will treat you when you work there I think. It sounds like a small firm and that they are quite disorganised. You know much more about the situation than anyone here, so you will have to make the judement call on whether you feel like it is still worth your while taking up this new job.

One word of advice though on your last comment. I would forget about staying at your current employer. Even if they let you stay on, the trust is gone after you hand in your notice. I really don’t see how that would affect your future bonus and promotion prospects anything other than very negatively.

So your choices are take the new job on offer or get back in the market and look for another new job somewhere else.

Forget staying as Carson said.

Also I understand the need for confidentiality but your posts are so ambiguous that it is hard to give any advice because we have no frames of reference, which is probably why you haven’t gotten too many responses. I don’t even recall what country you’re actually from and what function you’re moving from, and to. Just my observation.

delete

delete

Based on what you just said, I think your best option is to move back to front office in the new role. Stick it out for 12-18 months and then possibly start looking elsewhere again if things are not advancing as you’d hoped.

delete

They asked you to start a bit later, no biggy. Either find a better offer or enjoy a couple weeks of relaxation before getting rolling in the new shop. Not really a huge deal here.

Doesn’t sound like too big of a deal tbh.

deleted

no one cares about 1 month gap on your resume, that should be the least of your worries

this is so typical, not knowing the context and situation, yet having an opinion.

dont be a schmuck

After I asked a person I do not want to comment here to leave and he would not, the content has been deleted. Sorry guys, I honestly asked him to leave, 2 times, no respect at all.

whats wrong cubbie wanna talk about it?

My time is too precious to waste of the likes of you, igor. Go burn some rubber, throw some stones, burn some humans)))

^ He’s right. A one month gap isn’t a big deal. It can easily be explained. “The boss was called out of the office and wanted me to start a bit later so I could get properly introduced.” Done. No big deal. Seriously, enjoy the time off. You’re pretty high strung, some unwinding will be good for you, attack the new role refreshed and ready.