serial correlation, heteroskedacity, et al

tx

i stepped away to get fingerprinted and come back and all these great ideas…when i kill regression analysis on june 7th i owe you all many thanks!!

To get fingerprinted?? You want to explain that one? Oh, wait. I remember having to do that once.

Smarshy, you don’t work in the securities industry yet? I have been fingerprinted 5 times in 4 years…big brother is watching.

I do, just been at the same company for so long that I forgot I had to do when I started.

These are great, I’m sure to remember them if they come up test day! Any ideas for White or Hansen?

for Hansen…think correlation, like a series of similar things, (e.g., Hanson brothers, either the band Hanson or Hanson brothers from SlapShot)

Charles Hanson is a Serial Killer … Watson is a detective

this is by far the best thread I’ve read for a long time. Ok let’s take it one step forward: How do you remember what these eorrors are and how to fix them? i.e. Hetero… Wht is it: Variances gone wild!!! (i.e. not consistent) Detect: Hetero - sex - BP (I liked that 1, lol) Fix: White-corrected standard errors (haven’t figured this one yet) Auto-Correlation … … … Multicollinearity … … … and so on!

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This one’s a little weak, but it works for me. > > Hetero/homo skedasticity > > Being a hetero myself, when I see the word hetero, > what do I think of? Sex. > > What does sex do? Gets my heart pumping. > > What does that do? Affects my Blood Pressure. = BP classic - never thought you could ever relate quant to sex…

C’mon…are you serious? I can relate ANYTHING to sex. ANYTHING. Just try me.

hahahha… alright… umm… All current - Tranlation method go! you have 5 minutes!!

Reminds me of the French chick I met on a holiday a few years ago. She didn’t speak any non-French language and I didn’t speak French. We had a translation method which worked quite well in the end. I got some, that’s for sure!

hey guys thanks … this is cool !!!

Bump.

bump. i’m working on quant now and thought this was helpful. props to cpk for pointing this out in another thread