Series 7

I was thinking about the same, until i saw series 66…

anyway, it’s just a broker exam for people who sell securities?

i can’t believe you have to do that again!

cake my dude, i honestly think you could take the 7 today and pass. 66, you may want to cram the different laws but should be a walk in the park.

^I kinda feel the same way, but I’m still going to spend a little time in the books/videos/qbank. I’d hate to be overconfident and fail the exam. Then a.) I’d look like an idiot, and b.) cost either myself or the firm another $250 to take it again.

Hello!

I’ve been a long time lurker on this forum and finally created an account. I just retook the S7 as well after a few years of not being licensed and while I think it should be relatively easy for you, just wanted to add my two cents and experience with my recent test. It definitely sucks to have to take it again. I can relate, haha.

I would definitely focus on knowing how to calculate options spreads quickly. If you know how, they become easy points for you. Secondly, I’d say the regulations on munis is pretty heavily weighted. Lastly, I would say to know the calculations of margin requirements and rules of opening customer accounts.

Good luck!

^Thanks.

The more I study, the more I realize there’s a lot to it. Not that it’s necessarily difficult to understand, but all the unnecessary stuff that you have to learn, such as “underwriter’s takedown on a municipal bond issuance”. I have no idea what that is, but it’s going to be on the test.

And I’m sure that it will be extremely important to know in order to manage a person’s money.

don’t trust him. he’s raw fish.

Fresh fish! Fresh fish! Fresh fish!

yeah really. worst name ever for his first post at the ANALyst forum.

Haha, definitely feeling the warm welcomes around here. Cheers guys.

May I direct you to the hook up forum if you are looking to feel “warm.”

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/cfa-forums/cfa-hook-up

because he’s a fish. and he lives in cold water. and getting hooked will pull him up into warm air. and then he’ll be serviced. and then gutted, potentially grilled. and eaten. welcome!

greenie. you the man. im sure u’ll pass with minimum effort. rawraw actually gave good advice. they use the same questions in the pratice tests. is hilarious.

For the record–Kaplan’s CFA material is a lot better than its Series 7 material. Q-Bank is better and its video instructors are better. Study guides are more well organized. ( I read a couple chapters before I abandoned it.)

Test is tomorrow. Only studied for a week. Read “Series 7 for Dummies” once through and then started in on practice tests. I could certainly use a few more days to study, but it was either tomorrow, late July, or drive four hours to go to another test center. Tomorrow it is.

#Iknowafewpeoplewhostudiedtwoweeksandscored>90%…

#Ialsoknowmanypeoplewhostudiedformonthsandscored75%…

Tried the hashtag…not bad, not great…feels a little cumbersome for longer sentences (must be why they restrict the characters)-- I can’t imagine how William Shakespeare would feel using it…

You’re set-- good luck!

So did you pass?

Yes. Scored an 88. Now I feel like a dumbass for overstudying.

Now I have the 63 next Wednesday. Any pointers?

Seems to me to have a higher fail rate than the 7. Purposefully tricky questions

so what did you do? I’ve been studying for a month for this…reading STC books.

^Took lots of practice tests. Like somebody said, a lot of Kaplan’s practice questions were virtual clones of what you’ll see on the real test.

I read through the entire “Series 7 for Dummies” book, but didn’t hardly open the Kaplan book. It was too jumbled and hard to read.