Shanghai Returns (ITD)

The obvious move is always the wrong one. You know this.

China is going to have to deal with trump for the next 4-years and it’s not going to be pretty for either side. Even though China may be on a path to take over USA as the primary superpower, to get there they have to address the elephant in the room and that’ll come at some sort of cost. Whether it be a smaller trade surplus with the US or fundamental change (acceleration of change rather) in the primary focus of the economy, it’ll need to happen for their next phase to being.

The US is a bloated diabetic with a lot of debt but still has a mean stomp if you’re not careful. China is good, but not perfect.

im seeing the Dec 8 dividend was omitted?

and no short term/long term cap gain payouts in 16?

is ASHR the best lockdown ETF to get exposure to the Chinamen?

It’s not obvious to Westerners though, they’ve never even thought of this move. So I’m doing in the not obvious move, which is not always the wrong one. cheeky

For 'Mericans it’s basically the only ETF. There’s a currency hedged version too, but not sure if anyone trades that.

I’ve been struggling with that notion, am I in the majority or minority?

Trade against trading against leads me where?!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-16/china-shares-head-for-longest-losing-streak-since-august-2015

2018 update: some of my favorite names are back at 2014-2015 buying levels.

Citic Securities (600030, A-share)

Great Wall Motor (2333, H-share)

But other good stuff like SAIC Motors and QuingDao Haier have not come down at all. Gotta pick thru it and exploit the irrational moves (of which there are plenty as usual).