SHARE YOUR RESULTS !

I finally passed. Started the program in 2003. Passed Level 3 today on the 3rd tried. A very long 15 years.

I recommend reading the CFA textbooks at least twice cover to cover. Takes about 1 month per book.

Noob question: What does 2/3/2 mean?

<50% / 50-70%/<70%…

for e.g in 2 topics i got more than 70%

Me too. I am thinking of retabulation.

Passed

90%tile + OA

Essay ~67%(close to 90%tile) Item Sets ~ 85%(More than 90%tile)

< 50 - Equity (And I thought I am good at it Lol)

50 -70 - Bhv Fin + PM

70 + - Alt inv/Derivatives, Econ/Asset Allocation, Ethics (L2 Revenge, got at least 10 qs correct), TMR/Port Eval (~100% :D), Fixed Income

Passed 1/3/3

< 50: Equity. Seems to be a common problem this year.

50-70: Behav/PWM/IPM, FI, TMR/Eval/GIPS

>70: Alts/Risk/Derivs (of course), Econ/AA, Ethics

L3 was the only exam I passed first attempt ironically. I found the curriculum to be the easiest to synthesise and understand but the exam to be the hardest. I left approximately 30 marks blank in am but still seemed to have scored approximately a 62% - meaning the areas I knew, I did well on.

PM was slightly challenging but probably one of the easier item sets I’ve seen across all levels - having said that, I only scored around 65% on the PM. I was pretty fatigued in the afternoon paper and having run through all the questions once I just closed my paper and didnt go back to review.

Overall I think the MPS was either 59 or 60 and my score was maybe 63.

I found the L3 curriculum really enjoyable, but the exam was stressful and tiring. Time management is definitely an issue with added pressure of adrenaline rushing through you. I didnt write anything for the first 10 minutes of the exam as I was just starting at question 1 on the first page unable to answer it panicking!

What was the split between your AM and PM ? ( IN terms of % correct)

I remember I experienced the same situation. Started to panicking and then, when I moved over and I noticed that other important and standard topics where asked with a different wording and constructed a bit differently (compared to the last 10 years) I started to build a big mess.

But that first question was a killer, because it was one of my strongest topics.

Scored around 48% in AM and I left 2.5 question blank.

What does that break down mean?

Exactly same for me, that whole subject was my best performer in mocks and a train wreck in exam. As was Derivs! lol