Share your smalltalk abilites...

Prop ring? How about " I agree that person is attractive" something like that wont work? Lying that your married?? How about if your hired? you cant keep that a secret forever. I’m sure if you dont say something like " i would love to stare at the top of her head" your in the clear

Personally I think it’s really awkward to comment on anyone’s appearance in a formal setting, especially with someone you just met. I was sitting in a meeting today in a conference room that had a glass wall and I swear there was an endless parade of young female analysts, research assistants, secretaries, whatever, walking by that would put akanska to shame. All the other guys in the room’s heads were swiveling in sync like they were watching a tennis match as the chicks walked by while I tried my best to keep my eyes on the presenter. Totally unprofessional to oggle in this scenario I think.

Red’s Cigar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When I meet with someone in my office, people > usually initiate small talk when they quickly > notice my proudly displayed University of Miami > diploma & Miami Hurricanes/ Red Sox/ Patriots/ > Celtics paraphernalia. So, does Miami still have a football team? I mean, considering its consistent humiliation at the hands of the boys from Blacksburg and all…

probably the lamest topic ever

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > One thing I learned worked well for me is to > repeat the very last thing your client/contact > said in his/her sentence, and asked it as > questions. > > > “I am from New York orignially.” > “Oh, yeah! You are from New York?” > > “…so my father went into the shoe > business” > “Oh, yeah! Your father went into the shoe > business?” > > > Warning, this can go on for a while. Oh yeah! This can go on for a while?

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Red’s Cigar Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > When I meet with someone in my office, people > > usually initiate small talk when they quickly > > notice my proudly displayed University of Miami > > diploma & Miami Hurricanes/ Red Sox/ Patriots/ > > Celtics paraphernalia. > > > So, does Miami still have a football team? I mean, > considering its consistent humiliation at the > hands of the boys from Blacksburg and all… Luckily I was at UM from 2000-2004 and the Canes will be dominant again soon, don’t you worry. And how many national championships do the Hokies have? ZERO???

ACC football. lol.

Dwight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ws Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > One thing I learned worked well for me is to > > repeat the very last thing your client/contact > > said in his/her sentence, and asked it as > > questions. > > > > > > “I am from New York orignially.” > > “Oh, yeah! You are from New York?” > > > > “…so my father went into the shoe > > business” > > “Oh, yeah! Your father went into the shoe > > business?” > > > > > > Warning, this can go on for a while. > > > Oh yeah! This can go on for a while? Haha I saw this on an episode of the office…haha

Anything that could be of interest to the person’s own interest. People LOVE to drone on about themselves.

how about commenting about their clothing… “Is that saville row?” “…nah, its some bespoken in Hong Kong” --------------------------- “…thats a sharp tie” “thanks, i got it from WalMart”

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > One thing I learned worked well for me is to > repeat the very last thing your client/contact > said in his/her sentence, and asked it as > questions. > > > “I am from New York orignially.” > “Oh, yeah! You are from New York?” > > “…so my father went into the shoe > business” > “Oh, yeah! Your father went into the shoe > business?” > > > Warning, this can go on for a while. Lolol…

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Personally I think it’s really awkward to comment > on anyone’s appearance in a formal setting, > especially with someone you just met. I was > sitting in a meeting today in a conference room > that had a glass wall and I swear there was an > endless parade of young female analysts, research > assistants, secretaries, whatever, walking by that > would put akanska to shame. All the other guys in > the room’s heads were swiveling in sync like they > were watching a tennis match as the chicks walked > by while I tried my best to keep my eyes on the > presenter. Totally unprofessional to oggle in this > scenario I think. hey farley, if you can’t appreciate a good parade when you see one, feel free to send it here!

IH8FSA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This guy I interviewed with once looked exactly > like Ray Romano. Anyways, there were only 2 > pictures in the guys office. > > Both pictures were of this middle age white guy > (not the guy interviewing me) and 2 kids. No > woman in the picture. > > Anyways, i was caught off guard by some akward > silence and i said " those are’nt your kinds are > they", because I really didnt know any other way > to word it , so the interviewer said to me “why > would’nt they be”… > > Then before I could answer he started laughing and > said " no man, this is’nt even my office, i just > brought you in here because this guy is on lunch > and my office is being fumigated, you thought i > was gay and that was my partner or > something"… > > I didnt know if I should laugh or not so all i > said was " hey you never know" > > > > I never got called back, but whatever, that place > was a disaster anyways man…that’s one hell of a funny story. how awkward…truly legendary.

Lol@NUMI at “if you can’t appreciate a good parade when you see one, feel free to send it here” I have a good parade for you. its at www.assparade.com (not work safe) Thank me later.

oh boy – now THAT’S a parade they definitely won’t allow at my office! i appreciate the warning…haha