Should I quit?

Anyone considering quitting at this point needs a good B!1ch slap to snap out of it. Or maybe this is just too hard and we should all quit and become 3rd grade public school teachers…

I’m not too confident (moving a lot slower than planned which is stressing me out) And like Dinesh, feeling hella burnt out from Dec 07. But, I’ll just keep grinding away and see what happens. Even I fail, I’ll have LII experience which I’m sure will help if I have to repeat. And by the way, a public school teacher is a respectable profession. I think elementary educators are not valued enough. A lot of what I am today is due to some of what I learned from elementary school in a non-academic sense.

I’m now lack of motivation, I don’t know what am i studying for. Still I need to take it, and things are getting better, reading is becoming interesting… Never quit.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone considering quitting at this point needs a > good B!1ch slap to snap out of it. Or maybe this > is just too hard and we should all quit and become > 3rd grade public school teachers… Agreed. Seriously people, cry about it. Look at your posts and think about how much of a baby you look like for someone who supposedly wants to work on Wallstreet.

It’s hard to get through the material as well as have it soak in. I am afraid to inform you that you should have no illusions about the diffculties in derivatives that await you. It’s overwhelming to see some of that stuff for the first time if you have never done it. Given the late stage of preparation, the suggestion to go to the Schweser notes is a must. At least you will cover all of the ground as quickly as possible. I wouldn’t quit, and I wouldn’t put any pressure on yourself either. If you are relaxed as possible (I know easier said than done) going into the exam, you may just pick-up some extra points. But don’t quit.

I’m still on my first time reading through, halfway through Book 1, you’re fine. I work in the industry but you have time to go through it all and over again where you’re at. What you have to do is rid your mind of that negative crap and just buckle down. Being so behind and strapped for time is my biggest motivator, treat it like a challenge; that’s all life is, challenging yourself.

Yo Lichi, Perhaps try a different method if you aren’t finding motivation with your current method. Making it through 10 pages of this crap is hard especially if you are just not feeling it. One method I’ve used is throw down the stupid book…log into the test bank and learn entire study session through questions. I find this is so much more efficient. I am able to “get it” in 90 seconds by thinking through the question, getting it wrong, and seeing the answer (and it sticks this way). Instead of reading 3 pages of mind numbing redundant formulas for 20 minutes and have it not stick. Later after I’m already scoring 70% in the test bank I come back and breeze through the reading and it all makes sense and I pick up some additional detail. Problem solving is fun for me and reading finance is NOT. So again, when I need to do something but can’t find the motivation I just answer questions. Maybe this or some other technique will help you get your game on.

It may not make you feel better but I am just starting(I’m done with Eco but thats not much)…I think 2 months is plenty of time…You just need to be focussed and I agree with one of the guys above, suck it up and start studying…Take any motivation you can from the forum, but it is upto you to put the seatbelt on and press the accelerator and notch up to 100MPH because other people have been cruising at 60MPH for a while now… Thats the way I do it, I did it for L1(1.5m mos.), did it for all the hw’s and exams in my life and all the while people advised me against it but who knows you better than you? There are some exceptions ofcourse…I learn more under pressure and time constraints and I enjoy it…Good luck!

perpetual panic attacks…lol.

Hey Preet …how are you planning to split up the course and how much do you cover everyday in terms of hrs of study and pages? Are you in a full time job? I am trying to chalk a schedule…dont find much time on weekdays due to full time job.

I am going to be doing qbank questions for Econ Tonight…Here is the rest of my schedule… Week1: Econ and Derivatives Week2: Portfolio Mgmt & Quant Week3: FSA Week4: FSA & Equity Week5: Equity Week 6: Fixed Income & Corp Finance Week 7: Ethics & whatever is left As you can see I’ll still have 2-3 weeks to spare and go over tests and the material. This is doable if you put in the effort and use you intelligence to judge what to focus on and what not. Hope this helps. I have a full time job. I work about 12 hrs/day average at a HF…My point here is that you can’t think of it like that in terms of hrs, you have to put your head down and go! and sacrifice the weekends… Usually I goto work at 7 get done at 7, take a dinner break and go home at 7 and start at 8(home or library or starbucks), stop at 10ish and go work out in the apartment gym and bed by 11, its perfect and I love it…