Siri, Please sell my AAPL stock

DAMN IT. Oh well. Mr. Market will probably push it back down.

So am I

Frank, you know how healthy freaks have a cheat day once in a while and eat a greasy meal. You should do the same with your portfolio and have a cheat stock (i.e. growth stock).

No different from taking a break from HCBs and banging a HTC in between.

Hahaha. a cheat stock.

Mine would be FFN

i believe most of the companies i own are growth stocks…i’m willing to wager over 10 years, teva will grow its EPS faster than aapl using Fiscal 2011 as the base.

I’ll take that bet, and I’ll give you 3-to-1 odds just to make it fair. They’ll be able to do it organically, but even if they couldn’t, you can buy a lot of growth with $110B in cash.

See you in 10. I accept payment in maple syrup and hockey jerseys.

3 to 1? ok…EPS per share…2022 April

What about FFN?

don’t know anything about the company but pulled out their Q4 2011 results.

income weighed dwon by interest expense due to heavy debt load and declining subscriber base leads to a good bankruptcy candidate. however, the company actually makes decent EBITDa.

with that said, you should problably look to get the debt. when this thing restructures, there is still value from this company.

Frankie if you want to make a really wild “cheat investment” like the others are peer pressuring you into.

Look at ATPGP 8% Preferred. That’s the HTB of stocks.

Right back where we started. I actually have written puts with a 565 strike that expire today so hoping the collapse comes next week not today.

565.25 whoah!!! Thanks dumb luck. Bullet dodged.

How’d you hedge in case of having to buy the shares? Or were you willing to drop six figures today?

My broker will only let me write puts on things that I am already short. Although I’d be fine with buying 100 shares of AAPL actually.

Well looks like I called that one. It’s just about 1% away from what I sold at.

I’d happily repurchase AAPL but this volatility worries me a bit. I’d like to see it fall a bit more before I repurchase it.

But thinking about the company and the products for a minute, I’ve been doing a ton of work travel in the last month and I’m simply amazed by what % of people I see toting iPads and iPhones. I was standing at the gate waiting for yet another delayed United flight today and probably half the people there were listening to music or playing with their iPhones or iPads, and they’re being carried by everybody from teens to middle aged women to old guys. Haters gonna hate, but damn. Everybody is buying these things!

Personally I don’t have an iPad simply because I don’t know what I’d use it for. I already travel with an Android, a Kindle, a Macbook Pro, and a Thinkpad. I have no desire to carry an ipad, and I don’t know what purpose it would serve in my bag.

They’re buying it now, but will they be buying it 10 yrs from now? That is the existential question.

I take the iPad everywhere I go. Laptop stays home unless I know I’m gonna have to write reports and do excel shit. If you aren’t a corporate schill and don’t have to have that f’cking laptop with you like the nuclear football, you’d be much happier just carrying the iPad.

Markets will probably open down today. Probably will execute another put writing strategy. Thinking may 11th 540. (I’m currently holding may 19th 600 puts)

Ok this trade is working out really well. I still think this stock goes below 500 before things get better. Remember I want to be long going into September.

Just bought back in yesterday. I’d rather it not go below 500 before heading back up :slight_smile:

http://www.amazon.com/Animal-Spirits-Psychology-Economy-Capitalism/dp/0691142335