Skipping credit risk

Yeah I check the website as well… It’s still written October 15th… Where did you get the 30th? Did you call them? I called but I always end up in the answering machine… I just wrote an email at frm@garp.com

You know what piss me off lol? It’s my ex-colleague where I used to work. He studied less than 100 hours for the exam and he has 0 background of hard exams like CFA levels. When he did the exam he was baffled by the complexity of the questions and how it was so theorical and not calculation intensive… He did his best and he swear he failed the exam with absolutely no chance of passing the FRM integrate exam… And the bastard passed LOL. What are the odds of someone who does NOT even know anything about Basel, GARCH, etc. of passing the FRM? He knows he doesn’t deserve his designation… Either he got lucky 1:100 000+ or GARP messed up his grade with someone else. I’m a hater lol.

emphase Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You know what piss me off lol? It’s my > ex-colleague where I used to work. He studied less > than 100 hours for the exam and he has 0 > background of hard exams like CFA levels. When he > did the exam he was baffled by the complexity of > the questions and how it was so theorical and not > calculation intensive… He did his best and he > swear he failed the exam with absolutely no chance > of passing the FRM integrate exam… And the > bastard passed LOL. What are the odds of someone > who does NOT even know anything about Basel, > GARCH, etc. of passing the FRM? He knows he > doesn’t deserve his designation… Either he got > lucky 1:100 000+ or GARP messed up his grade with > someone else. I’m a hater lol. He may have downplayed his preparation intentionally, so that if he did fail he could say he hardly studied & stuff. Or he was extremely lucky. In any case, with pass rates around 40 % I’d not take this exam easy. Also, I’m not just doing this to add another credential - the material *is* helpful for the job and a good chunk of it is interesting (albeit dry to the extreme).

Come on, anybody have the information about Switch Exam Formats extension to 30th October 2009? This is what I see on the GARP website: FRM Exam Registration -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The option to Switch Exam Formats is no longer available. The deadline of October 15th 2009 has passed. Should you require assistance please contact frm@garp.com.

emphase, Any word from garp regarding the deadline?

emphase I agree with you , I have a friend who is a CPA .he took FRM in 2008 , with just 8-10 days prep that too not hard core , he didnt have any math/stats background cleared it , infact he didnt check his results for weeks together . he said he barely knew VaR concepts . what are the odds ?

Factor hedge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > emphase > > I agree with you , I have a friend who is a CPA > .he took FRM in 2008 , with just 8-10 days prep > that too not hard core , he didnt have any > math/stats background cleared it , infact he didnt > check his results for weeks together . he said he > barely knew VaR concepts . > > what are the odds ? Seriously, are you guys kidding me? Unless they grade randomly I don’t see how this is possible.

I am unable to call someone from GARP… I don’t know what’s wrong lol. Yesterday their line was working but nobody would answer me. And today the line is off and I get like some chinese person working in a laundery factory. WTF lol. Come on, can anyone else try to contact them regarding the switching exam format and post the info here PLZ lol.

I’m so angry at GARP. They do not answer their emails within 24h. Moreover, their phone number does not work anymore. Anyone tried to call 1-201-719-7210 ??? I land on some chinese woman who can’t even speak english, it makes me really furious. I tried to call like 5 times today and its always the same woman. Yesterday was fine, when I called I would get their automated phone process. How come their land line doesn’t work today??? This is completely crazy. An organization with such poor customer service is ridiculous after paying 750$ for just passing a scantron exam.

emphase, if you didn’t get an email about it and it’s not anywhere on their website, then I’m pretty sure there is no extension of the deadline to switch.

alfie1984 probably messed up the dates then. On the GARP website it’s written 15th October 2009 for exam format switch but he may have read that you can change exam site until 30th October 2009… Which is the not same thing as changing exam format. I guess I don’t have the choice but to fasten my seatbelt and study like a madman.

as far as my memory goes , i remember reading in their (GARP’S) newsletter that OCT 15 - Switch exam format without any late fees OCT 30 - Switch exam format with late fees of 100 USD @Klarsolo i think some guys get too lucky on the exam day and whatever they tick turns out to be right

I saw this in the newsletter as well. I’m pretty sure it is incorrect, given that the information conflicts with what is on the website. I suggest everyone just buckle down and bang out as much practice questions as possible, stop looking for an out and rise to the challenge. Call in sick if necessary, that H1N1 has employers being extra cautious. Use it to your advantage.

my advice - don’t skip this!!! try to come up with a mnemonic to memorize the concepts. regarding KMV etc, think how easy it will be for a question writer to quiz you on the differences between the models. these are almost giveaway points and you don’t want to lose out on them. good luck.

how are those mnemonics coming along people?

Yeah, good luck with those. Advantages and disadvantages of using CreditMetrics vs Credit Risk+ vs. KMV. I hate these questions.