Sleep now?

Jensen, have you taken L2? What’s that like?

chad17 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Jensen, have you taken L2? What’s that like? Haven’t taken L2 yet (June 2009). I’ve started looking over the material and it looks like it’s going to be extremely difficult. I have a feeling that there are many sleepless nights ahead of me.

A buddy of mine taking L2 in June as well said the Quant part was ridiculously tough. Does L2 cover more or less the same stuff in L1 but just in more detail? Or is the material completely new?

Haven’t gotten deep enough into the material to be able to tell you for sure. From what I’ve been able to gather, it looks like a lot of the material builds on L1 stuff with some brand new concepts. I’m already starting to worry a little bit. Haha

It looks like it builds on level 1. More equity valuation so it looks like we’re applying our FSA knowledge to fully model companies. There is an M&A section looking at both accretive/dilutive mergers. LBOs are in there as well. I believe there is a section for Black-Scholes/Binomial Distribution option pricing models, so I expect there will be more in-depth discussion of delta, theta, rho, gamma as well. There is interest rate parity, valuation of forward rate agreements and more indepth currency swaps. I also think there is harder ethics ( there’s soft dollars section). I say bring on the hard math! I’m not cringing until I see hard partial differential equations and vector calculus questions from university classes

fantastic. No L2 before June '10 for me. I need some time off, I just graduated from college lol. Gotta look for a job first.

Sleeping like a baby lately. Slept 9 hours the last 2 days.

Isura Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sleeping like a baby lately. Slept 9 hours the > last 2 days. +1, its a beautiful thing.

right now i feel like i need to rush home and study whilst feeling extremely tired at 5.30pm zzzzz

Aye, I wake up at night and keep thinking about those Q’s. And, as wired as this is to me, I kind of feel bored in the evenings, now that there is nothing to study anymore. I might as well order he L2 stuff just to keep my mind sharp :slight_smile:

I want to get started on L2 too actually. I might even do it. Hmm… Not untill Jan 28th though, certainly.

I already read 2 study sessions

I was obviously kidding

I’ve drank every day since Saturday and have slept grand. My first child is due 2/6 so I am really going to enjoy the hell out of the next 6 weeks or so.

I can get a lot of sleep without problem but I am still scrutinizing the exam questions in my head. The worst mistake I could have made was not leaving this behind at the test center. The anxiety about receiving the test results is escalating by the minute. I’m sure that the adrenaline will start kickin in around Mid-Jan.

I’m going to be a nervous wreck in mid-Jan, GUARANTEED lol.