So did anyone *not* buy at 1250?

Technical analysis poll!

umm… maybe tomorrow. Btw, I won’t touch indexes in such high macro uncertainty, maybe because I have no clear idea yet, about what the repercussions of tragedy in Japan are going to be.

Umm sold everything. No transparency regarding nuclear situation. I am not holding myself hostage to surging risk

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Umm sold everything. > > No transparency regarding nuclear situation. I am > not holding myself hostage to surging risk Separate power line to nuclear station is game over for nuclear risk.

justin88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Umm sold everything. > > > > No transparency regarding nuclear situation. I > am > > not holding myself hostage to surging risk > > Separate power line to nuclear station is game > over for nuclear risk. yeah, tomorrow could be the day.

justin88 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Umm sold everything. > > > > No transparency regarding nuclear situation. I > am > > not holding myself hostage to surging risk > > Separate power line to nuclear station is game > over for nuclear risk. Let’s hope so.

comp sci, take a look at this article, maybe the most unbiased piece of journalism ive read thus far during the crises. http://www.economist.com/blogs/babbage/2011/03/post-earthquake_nuclear_crisis

Well I’m going to buy the DAX. Hopefully at around 6500. Lybia + Japan made it sink from around 7400 a month ago with outlook still bright for german equities imo…

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- why does it seem that all of their articles end like this -> “might be seen as a victory—but hardly one to celebrate.”

Good article, but extent of the damage is not known, extend of the leak is not known, even if power will be restored no guarantee everything will transition to normality quickly. I had very nice run up up until today - no point of being greedy

its not going to be ‘normal’ for a decade at least. look at nola.

I keep listening to news coverage of the “Japanese Nuclear Crisis” which seems to forget that those poor Japanese also had an “Earthquake Crisis” and “Tsunami Crisis.” I think a lot of the fear will come out of the market with the end of the reactor stuff, so the risk premium will drop dramatically, but Japan still has a lot of digging out to do.

tsunami and earthquake damage cost is terminal, in a sense that no further costs will be ‘uncovered’. Nuclear risk carries A LOT of uncertainty, so i fully expect market to rally once it will be taken out of equation. But… remembering Chernobyl and how everlasting the effect was, i am very catious

I’m not arguing that the market freakout is irrational; it’s just that with everyone talking about “the nuclear crisis,” one can easily forget that the other crises are pretty darned devastating on a human scale.