So how was your Exam in General ?

Alex, these MPS calculations are for people like me and you who didn’t know much in the exam. I hope it’s around 65% otherwise I dont even stand a chance bro. On a serious note, the MPS over the last few years has been around that mark, I know a friend who took level 1 in December last year and had a miserable score but passed. His max score couldn’t have been more than 160. So, if we assume that our exam was slightly harder than the last years, 158 is probably a fair MPS.

Same, i was so agitated it was hard for me to sit back and really think about the questions and i couldnt figure out some very basic formulas in the later section in the morning

i feel the afternoon section was much similar to mock exams in terms of question type and taste, the morniing one was just weird

oh well who knows

with almost 2 months until end-January, i want to start on some level II materials but it’s going to be a waste of time if i find out i failed.

How much time did you guys have at the end of each exam? I had 45mins left for the AM, and around 20ish for the PM. The time left is crazy, because I had barely any time left for mock exams.

AM - Finished 15 minutes before end.

PM - Finished 45 minutes before end.

Interesting, why is this reversed for us?

I was going so tired at the last hour, my brain was functioning at 60% capacity hence my speed was extremely slow for PM. And I found the PM much harder.

During AM session I lost feeling for time and stucked on one question (about somewhere in the middle), then I looked at the clock and started quickly answering, so I finished only 15 minutes before ending. I used this 15 minutes to quick review especially last part of exam. During PM session I was managing time better.

Ye I am the same and I think which one u r talking about. And I saw the last one and I said to myself wtf

Hope, we are permitted to watch on board clock, if not, I do not know the role of this clocks. Each time I watched strictly toward clock and each time at least 3 proctors looked at me. Next time, I will take a hand watch.

In my opinion the overall exam was fair in terms of difficulty, but AM was extremely easy compared to PM. In terms of time I finished AM in 2 hours and PM in 1 hour 45 min. I had so much time left I redid both the papers.

All of you must have done well on the exam, thats why you had so much time left at the end. Guys like me are depending on the MPS

Like everybody else, the morning session gave me some hope. But the afternoon session crushed me. Especially most of the parts (you know which) which were easy in the Morning Session went horribly wrong for me in Afternoon session.There was a point of time where I was almost about to breakdown and start crying. But somehow I avoided it. Anyways, what I did learn is that practicing instead of just reading is a key to crack the exam. So the next time I give Level 1(hope not to), I’ll make it sure I complete my portion 1 month prior to it and just keep on practising. Also the good thing I observed is that they test your conceptual clarity. Although some questions were weird, but most of them were manageable with a decent amount of understanding the concepts, instead of just learning them. Needless to say, this course is amongst the very few that gave me a Value addition.

i am curious, why people think afternoon session is hard? i thought morning was harder and finished 40 min prior, I feel afternoon session is much similar to the mock, or the bias can be i gave up haha

Surprised that a lot of people thought PM session was harder. I think the opposite, especially when it comes to the first few sessions (ethics, QM). Anyway I’m glad it’s over.

i agree, i did awful in morning later section i think and the afternoon was much easier

Hi all,

I thought the morning session was a lot harder than the PM session. After the morning session i felt destroyed but the PM session gave me some hope. The parts that I thought I would struggle on were easier and my “better” subjects turned out to be harder on the exam…can’t change anything now…lets wait and see and hope for the best !

I think both the AM and PM were very comparable. I finished with about 30 mins left AM, 45 mins left PM so I was actually able to review every question for both sessions. Going through it again I would have focused more on my weak sections leading up the exam as those 2 were definitely the hardest and could have easily scored under 50% in those. I feel confident about the other sections so I am hoping that I passed. I was very happy with my stamina and was able to stay focused the entire exam - I did 2 Saturday simulation exams so I think that really helped.

Side note - a lot of Asians taking the exam at my location (major city in the northeast, US). I would say over 50%. Just an observation.

i counted my section 22 people 12 chinese college kids, i am confused

After the AM, I felt really good. The PM was definitely tougher for me but overall, I still walked out of there feeling much better than I did in June (failed band 10).

Observation: After June, I felt like the CFAI and Wiley mocks prepared me better than Schweser. I still took 2 Schweser mocks this time around just to be sure I was seeing a good variety of questions. But after Saturday, I’m certain that the Schweser mocks did the least for my preparation. That’s my experience at least.

I also took 6.5 mocks this time and only 3 in June. Practicing with mocks definitely builds confidence.

The most stressful part of the day: being on the 12th floor with 1000+ candidates with only two elevators running. I have personal space issues.

The best part: (next to completing the exams of course) being a female and not having to deal with the lines for the restrooms.

Lesson learned: my husband teased me about taking both calculators. I felt pretty good about that choice when the girl in the stall next to me managed to drop her calcuator in the toilet.

Congrats to everyone who completed the exam! Now we just have to wait…

Yeah, the elevator situation was a mess… Stressful during the lunch break especially.

I agree on the PM session being a little tougher