so hung out with some hs buddies yesterday. one has cancer.

It’s cuz I’m a gamer. But for real I really do work investments and I just turned 29. Why you gotta be so rudeeeee? Ish my bday

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=83qSQIReaqs

That little girl is just the most darling thing.

A buddy of mine had testicular cancer in high school. Only caught it because he had to have a full physical for basketball. He got a prosthetic, rubber I think. First day back at practice, he brought one of those miniature wooden baseball bats that’s like 12 inches long. He sat down on a bench and said “hey guys, watch this…”

Pulled his fake nut (I assume, otherwise he’s a tough SOB) out of his boxers, laid it flat on the bench, picked up the mini bat, and whacked it. Hard. Whatever substance it was made of sounded exactly like the bat was hitting flesh. Cue teenaged shouts of horror and dismay. One guy ended up crawling on the floor with dry heaves.

I know STL doesn’t care, but the sound of that fleshy _ thwack _ is one of those memories that is seared into my consciousness.

This is what many people do in pursuit of the CFA charterholder status.

Or much, much longer if they aren’t in a capacity to get “48 months of approved work experience” while studying for exams.

But when you are doing CFA, you are doing other things as well. When you are doing a PhD, it consumes your whole life.