Sobering

i know the sob stories aren’t helping, i get more depressed after reading headlines like “the curse of the class of 2009” “the lost generation” “class of 2009 damaged goods”… but reading personal stories, sometimes its comforting to reaffirm that infact, i am not alone. i graduated june 09 with honors from a pretty good business school in silicon valley with a finance degree… ive been INTERNING for 9 months at a small bank, i have already been extended twice but my boss pretty much told me thats all they could do for me. so i will be unemployed by the end of march with no leads to permanent employment… i know this isnt the worse that could happen, but i just figured with all the hard work + $ i spent to get my education, 9 months down the road after graduation i would be a loooot better off than this… woe is me…haa

Shell, hope you mean Santa Clara and not Menlo.

I hope he means Santa Clara and not Stanford. Or else yeah, that would be pretty bad.

menlo? yah santa clara :frowning: … i know a handful of people in the same position… doing odd jobs or random stuff like bank teller… i have a friend from stanford psych major … working at trader joes. she deleted her degree from her resume to get the job because when she applied to a diff one, she was rejected as overqualified. maybe i and people i know are just unlucky…? what to do… what to do…