(some) work experience denied

No problem! Hope it works out for you!

Fun isn’t it…I had to go through the resubmission of work experience is well. Here was my time line Took 2 weeks for CFAI to initial reject. Society Review took 22 days, accepted. Activated and Paid dues, resubmitted work experience. CFA accepted work experience NEXT DAY (this was Monday)…funny things happen after I paid my dues Sunday night at 2am. Now back to local society review for regular membership, 44 days remaining (hopefully they won’t drag their feet).

wow jms, that’s a long wait. are you in nyc?

DC

Is it possible that after the CFA Institute approves all years of work experience, the local society dings a few years?

ng, any update?

just got confirmation of my re-submission today. Imagine it’ll be a few more now. Unfortunately I also got an email saying I needed to submit sponsors, which I already had. Hope they didn’t delete it and I have to get them to re-do it…was hard enough the first time!

Hi, >Just checked my membership app status and 39 months were approved, but my first job (19 >months) denied. Crap. I’m sure this has been posted before, but there are about a thousand >membership threads floating around, so I’m having trouble finding if there is one… Assuming that I have been approved for affiliate membership, rather than regular, where would I see what experience was approved and what was not? I can’t seem to figure it out. :confused: Andrew

Hi guys, Did you discuss your work experience within the context of LOS from throughout the CBOK or just from LIII? Also, did you first list the LOS and then discuss your role, or just nest LOS throughout your descriptions, or some other structure? I’d like to cite some of my responsibilities that are applicable to prior LI and LII exams. Based on this thread, my understanding is that a thorough description of my duties and their relevance to the investment decision making process is key for approval. Anyway, I’m preparing for the administrative process for full membership and would appreciate tips to help get it right the first time. Thank you for your time and assistance.

ng, any update?

ng30 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just checked my membership app status and 39 > months were approved, but my first job (19 months) > denied. Crap. I’m sure this has been posted > before, but there are about a thousand membership > threads floating around, so I’m having trouble > finding if there is one…where do I go from here > to re-submit my first job? I thought I’d get an > email to reply to or something. The worst thing > is I used nearly verbatim a description my friend > used last year, which had been accepted. > > Thanks. just curious, what was your first job (19 months)?

do you guys think someone working in operations within a hedge fund would have a chance of his hours being accepted? thanks