Someone who passed Level II in 8 days?

I have it from a very reliable source that a 17 year-old recently sat for Level III. He/she would have had to be 15 when passing Level 1. Go figure.

I’m going to toot my own damn horn because i like the smell, ok? I didn’t crack a book for level 1 until november 19th 2009. But i had already done an mba program, work full time in investments, and taken actuarial tests that cover a lot of derivatives and finance related material. honestly i don’t think it was anything special and i’d be surprised if what i did was unusual cos I know some of yous are the types that studied during recess and everything comes easy. *insert story including sleazy hookers, smack, and hermaphrodite zebras here*

Found it, guy’s name was bleron: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,1045234,1045234#msg-1045234

dbfinley Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Found it, guy’s name was bleron: > > http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,10 > 45234,1045234#msg-1045234 Read the whole thread. Point one: I don’t think the guy is lying. Point two: I don’t think I would ever take an exam given once a year like this. Yes, it’s possible, depending on your background. But is it worth chancing that you might be waiting another year to re-sit? Not to me.

yea i don’t think he is lying either, and he makes a very important point for all of us studying 4 or more months. THE LAST 2 WEEKS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT! Expose yourself to as much of the material as possible in the last 2 weeks.

this thread made my day

I know someone who only crammed 2 weeks to pass level II. But he had a finance bachelors, a master of science in finance and was doing his PhD in finance. So, he crammed 2 weeks and passed level I, crammed another 2 weeks and passed level II. I don’t know if he did level III. Again, it’s doable, but it depends on your background and general understanding of the material.

I was listening on the radio today about a huge debate over Homeopathy in the UK. One argument for it was that simply believing that it works and helps patient feeling better even there is no scientific proof behind it… It’s the same thing here, so having said that, you got nothing to loose if this helps your motivation, but dont attempt to do it yourself!

we had a good laugh. Now lets be serious for a minute. I don’t think even a PhD in Finance would be able to pass the Level 2 in just 8 days. The exam has some peculiarities that you wouldn’t get familiar with in such a short time.

Chuck Norris passed L2 in 2 days with only half a Schweser QuickSheet.

Didn’t Super I have a post detailing what he did to pass level 2 in about a week? It was called the Power 7 or some damn thing. Granted the guy is an accounting master, so I think he had a good head start.

There are some super geniuses out there who could probably pass and have passed all 3 exams with minimal study effort. I’m sure Bill Gross didn’t come close to notching 250 hours for any of the levels.

the 8 day thread that was found isn’t the one i mean. this guy knew accounting really well. but basically he said there’s 15 key equations, and then somewhat hope you know enough of the qualitative stuff from work/school/few days studying. also, the guy hadn’t done nothing up until 8 days beforehand. i’ve also seen people suggestion FRA’s are the key differentiator (and most people straddle that pass/fail line from what 40/60/80 shows). obviously this has nothing to do with the 8 day