Something To Occupy My Time

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

You could try the Aussie series underbelly. Its based on a drug gang war (true story). Good series. probably only get it online though.

How about the HBO series “Hung”, the American gigolo!

Mad Men is pretty good. Just started watching season 1 DVD’s from netflix.

nm73016p Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Last season of Entourage was actually interesting. > You see Vinnie almost out of work, on the brink of > obscurity and flip out for the first time. You > seem to like HBO shows. Maybe “Six Feet Under” if > you liked American Beauty. Also True Blood is a > nice mix of sexy and awesome. > And if you liked The Wire, you’ll definitely like > the Shield. And my absolute favorite. Firefly. Try > it. > You should try some British TV. It’s excellent. I > would highly recommend Hustle, Coupling and > Blackadder. > Actually your greatest problem might be getting > out of these shows after you get the result :slight_smile: All fantastic choices for British TV, but at the moment you can’t look further than “The Inbetweeners”. Second series is finished over here I think, but you can catch it on http://www.channel4.com/programmes/4od . Quite probably the funniest thing you will see in 2009. You heard it here first.

XBOX dude. Play Ninja Gaiden - it’s the most insane game ever - and it helps get the angst out and NOT think about the CFA.

Check out the BBC show Torchwood

You’ve all gotten me intrigued in these British shows. I’m in the US, how can I gain access to them? You think just downloading them off of BitTorrent? Or do the networks over there stream the shows?

Networks in the US show the Brit shows off season, out of order and usually don’t have a lot of variety. Best bet is to go the torrent route. I’m going to check out Inbetweeners… sounds excellent.

CF_AHHHHHHHHH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Good call, I’m like a season behind (no doubt > because of Level II)… was this past one good? One of the best… missing out… go catch up on www.surfthechannel.com or go to google and type project free tv… free online streaming

are the british shows as good as the cuisine???

I’ve been watching this British show: “The IT Crowd.” It’s no “I’m Alan Partridge,” but good for a chuckle (If you haven’t seen Alan Partridge, drop everything and get on it. First watch “Knowing Me, Knowing You with Alan Partridge.” Then watch the two series). I also second what that other poster said about “Firefly.” Just started watching it, and it’s very well-scripted. It’s like an old western set in outer space. Of course … “The Wire” is a must. I haven’t seen any suggestions that I disagree with on this thread yet. But nobody mentioned this one: You must watch “Breaking Bad.”

I like Psych on USA. He’s very sarcastic and the show is well done. As far as books I like the Dirk Pitt books by Clive Cussler, but his other books are good too. If you want to be entertained and learn about cooking the show “good eats” with Alton Brown is good. Youtube and hulu also have a lot of good older shows for free online. Despite all the entertainment around its still tough waiting.

CF_AHHHHHHHHH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You’ve all gotten me intrigued in these British > shows. I’m in the US, how can I gain access to > them? You think just downloading them off of > BitTorrent? Or do the networks over there stream > the shows? Don’t know if you lot can access this but all of our free to air shows are generally streamed by the networks. Check out either “BBC iPlayer” or “Channel 4 OD” although they are only going to show recent programming. For older stuff you need to buy the DVD or isn’t there a BBC America channel now?

I’ll start playing golf in 2 days :smiley:

‘The Boondocks’ Seriously, best show in life.